Powered by Blog - Widget


Friday, March 27, 2009

Gastronomic Experiments

Speaking of food, I've been inspired by everyone around me both online and in real-life (my Mum included) to venture back into the kitchen and try out some new recipes.

That and the fact that DD has asked me to PLEEEEEASE spare him from having rice and steamed fish for dinner. Hrumph. For the record we always have 3 dishes and a soup which is plenty of variety! Think I trained that man to eat pasta too well! In truth, I missed the kitchen anyway, and I'm not too hot on eating Chinese food for dinner everyday either.

So over the past 2 weeks we've had:


JO's Sausage Fusilli
DD's favourite Pork Escalope
Spinach Salad with Watercress, Pine Nuts and Honey Vinegrette Dressing
(The last one I really liked though I must go get a proper salad bowl for a 2 person portion. My salad bowl is HUGE, so I had to use a plate.)


Meatballs and Potatoes (with Ikea gravy and Ligonberry jam)
Tray-baked Snapper wrapped in Bacon


Caramel-Apple Pork Chops
with Rice, Corn and Brocolli


I really need to work on improving my plating of my food. *Eyes nice crockery longingly*

Fun and the husband gave it all the thumbs up. I'd forgotten how much I love delving into recipe books and just messing about in the kitchen.

6 comments:

  1. Wow!!! DD's a lucky guy =D I can imagine Noey asking his gf, "Can you cook as well as my mom?" lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous28/3/09 01:50

    Me likey the pork chops! I will try that one for Sniffles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The caramel apple pork chops looks good! I wanna try that one day. And the snapper wrapped in bacon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. alex's mummy29/3/09 19:15

    looks v delish. i will try out one of your recipe one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, impressive! Keep it up :) Lucky D to get all this variety of homecooked food. I haven't cooked in yonks and still can't stand the smells of cooking yet. Maybe in a couple more weeks I'll come back to this post to be inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle :: haha, no lah, i just like messing about in the kitchen. your comment reminds me of how DD told me I have to learn to cook his fav dishes from his Mum! (i still can't replicate all of them!)

    MG :: It was good! I followed some of the comments in the reviews and marinated the chops, then baked them instead of frying them in the pan. Turned out really tender and juicy!

    Lilsnooze :: Yah, try the pork chops -- this was one of the yummier recipes i've come across. the snapper is really easy -- just season with salt and pepper and wrap with bacon, and drizzle with olive oil. i bake this in a tra of sliced frech beans (also seasoned and drizzled with olive oil) and half a lemon, which i squeeze over the whole lot after cooking. bake covered at 200C for 15 mins, then take off the foil for another 5 mins.

    Alex's Mummy :: thanks! let me know how it turned out :)

    Corsage :: thanks babe -- you're a good cook yourself! hope you feel well enough soon to get back on your feet and whip up some dishes!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...