Powered by Blog - Widget


Monday, June 27, 2011

Girly Time

I don't get to spend a lot of time with Naomi alone. That, I realise, is the one major difference between having just one kid and now having two. Noey and I, we were joined at the hip. So much so that we continue to be, even now. He asks for my attention constantly, and because Mummy is at home, everyone else wouldn't do. As a result, I often have no choice but to hand Naomi to my helper while I tend to Noey's needs.

It is something I feel guilty about all the time. (Ah, Mummy guilt. Another wonderful side-product of motherhood that you don't realise you'll be carrying around forever.) With Noey, I did all the baby care myself -- bathing, diaper changing, nursing, playing and lots of carrying. I woke when he woke and I tried to sleep when he slept. With Naomi, I find myself relying on my helper a lot more to bathe her, change her and carry her while I run errands, get things organised around the house, and deal with Noey. And sometimes, get some extra sleep, a shower, or some time to just stone on the couch.

So it is extra lovely when Noey's Ah Kong is in town and is able to bring Noey out on long excursions. Noey adores his Ah Kong -- easily his favourite grandparent -- and he (Ah Kong) loves to bring Noey out. And for those quiet few hours, it's just me and my lil' girl. Hanging out.

Girls in stripes!

We lie on my pillow and chat. I do most of the talking, but she has plenty to say as well. Often times, she complains, looking at me meaningfully. I listen sympathetically and promise to do a better job as Mummy. Other times, she smiles, kicks, and tries to show me some of the new tricks she's been working on, like her awesome stomach crunch. She'll make it to sitting position all by herself one day, she tells me. I stroke her hair and tell her that I'm sure she will.


A little girly time is good for the soul.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, we're in about the same position. My boy's 3 1/2, and I too have a 3-month old baby. I totally understand what you mean, my baby often has to take a backseat to his more vocal (and therefore more demanding) kor-kor too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet moment u captured... Hmmm is that a bit of thunder thigh I spy Naomi?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @San Hi there! Thanks for dropping by and leaving a note! Always glad to get to know more Mummies travelling the same path :) I'm starting to think that the eldest child really gets a good deal.

    @Daphne haha, she has really yummy thighs. you can see them in person soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She resembles DD a lot in these pics. I agree about being joined at the hip with our #1's. Maybe things will change a little when they start school ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...