Powered by Blog - Widget


Saturday, July 16, 2011

Swim!

Naomi went swimming for the 1st time two Saturdays ago, incidentally on the day she turned 4 months.

In all honesty, it wasn't supposed to happen quite just yet. I'd intended to let her get in the pool for the first time around the time she turned 6 months old, and had just ordered her a swimsuit in anticipation. That Saturday, we had planned to go kite flying. In the end however, we were all feeling so hot that we decided that the pool was a better idea. And we felt bad leaving Nomi at home so we decided to just schlep her along.

Since her swimsuit hadn't arrived, she had her first swim in her Gor-Gor's old clothes. Ah, the "benefit" of being the 2nd born!

"What a strange tub!"
Nomi relaxing in her throne, wondering what all this was about.

Oopsies! The swimsuit was too big, and so was the float. Obviously unprepared!
I know this makes us look like negligent parents but this photo cracks me up! Rest assured we quickly got her out after the snaps were taken.

Little Nomi took to the pool really well! I thought she might not be used to the cold water, but there was not a complaint from her at all. She let me swish her through the water, looking nonchalant most of the time. I guess she didn't know what was going on!

Little swimming baby and my super floated-out boy. Noey is all SMILES cos he got the big ring too.

"Hmmm, why have I got my clothes on for this bath?"
The mismatched outfit that Nomi's got on is thanks to the fact that the matching bottoms were much too big! I like this cute stripey pair anyway.

I'd like to imagine she enjoyed her dip. I certainly did! I briefly contemplated letting her go underwater -- they do say babies have a natural reflex that causes them to hold their breath underwater and I've always wondered if that really was the case. But DD was rather aghast at the suggestion and ok, I'm not a completely negligent Mum, so I didn't do it in the end.

Would you dunk this face??
Nomi finally glad to get her fingers back where they belong -- inside her mouth.

It was a good way to cool off and I'm looking forward to more family swims in future! With everyone properly dressed, naturally.

------------------------

Don't forget to participate in the Kanten Clay Giveaway before it closes on Sunday!

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous16/7/11 08:12

    I've just caught up on reading your blog! Adore the earlier pic of dd mocking naomi crying! And the one of Noey lying down w mei mei So sweet! And now I see what you mean about Naomi wearing the teeny tiny Stripey swim bottoms
    Miss u guys! Glad I got to see u all - Naomi is even cuter in person and Noey sure is hyper chatty and loving ;) Daph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about negligent parenting,I dunked Dot! at 3 months. Lol. She was also in her brother's swimmers and swim diapers. I used the neck float though. I only bought her girly swimming costumes after I confirmed Bubbles is a girl. Otherwise a lot of the clothes she's wearing are her brother's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look really good in that swimsuit!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @daphne It was good to se you dear! These stripey trunks you gave Noey are so small he didn't get enough wear out of them. Glad Naomi can actually!

    @michelle I was very fortunate to have loads of hand me downs for Naomi so I've not bought much and she hasn't had to wear too many of noey's clothes! But no swimsuits unfortunately :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Amanda haha, thanks! tankini (must be modest now, since i'm a mummy of 2!) from sydney. i bought it when pregnant so i'm glad it fits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me and tehpeng both LOL at that pic of Naomi in the float! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always wondered if young babies can really swim/float in the water on their own ;)

    Naomi looks adorable (even in her hand-me-down suit), and you look great too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @lilsnooze heh. The combi of her expression + her awkward pose + her round face is just priceless!

    @olimomok thanks for the compliment :) i guess neither of us has been brave (or fool-hardy) enough to dunk our own babies to find out huh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that picture of Naomi looking so tense like she was sinking and you posing happily for the shot...;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Shyanyan haha, yes, tense is the word! She must be wondering what kind of parents she has. Poor baby.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...