Powered by Blog - Widget


Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Top 10

If you had flipped through Today on Friday, you might have noticed a familiar little face in an ad on page 59:


Yup, there in the top right corner is Naomi!


I did it again, I must admit. I signed Naomi up for another baby contest. (Only this one and no other. Yet.) Riding on the feeling of a missed chance from the previous baby contest, I saw the call for entries and thought: Why not? The top prize of $2,000 and a 1-year baby modelling contract with Carrefour was certainly attractive! I confirmed that there was no need to canvass for votes and that the final was not on a Sunday, then went ahead to submit a picture.

I then forgot about it, until I got a call in late April informing me that Naomi was one of the 10 finalists. From a total of over 550 entries, I think it's quite an achievement.

They informed us at a pre-event briefing that an ad would be run in Today. I mentioned in passing to my helper that we should look out for it and the very next day, she excitedly thrust the ad under my nose the minute I woke up. 

The grandparents were, understandably, very excited and proud to see Naomi's photo in the papers. My Mum had come over to our place for the day and she was busy on her phone the whole time, messaging and receiving messages from her friends about it.

It all culminates in the final, which will be held this coming Saturday at 2pm at Suntec City in the atrium outside Carrefour. There are 3 segments: (1) A Parent-Child Catwalk with an introduction by the parent, which would be me in this case, (2) A Talent segment (!!!), and (3) A Foot Race. I think only the foot race will be easy! At least that's straight-forward. I've been cracking my head about the other two segments, particularly the talent segment. "Talent" is defined very loosely when referring to a 1-year old! Let's see how it goes on Saturday.

Anyway, if you'd like to support Naomi, you can click on this link and like her photo in the contest album or leave a message for us. Or, if you happen to be around in Suntec on Saturday, come round and say hi! 


I'll check back in again after it's all over with an update on how it went. Honestly, I'm not expecting her to win because most of the kids are really cute. I'm aiming to have fun - and no meltdowns! Winning would be a bonus!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! I've always wanted to enter my girl into contests but have no idea where to submit. Good for you! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I wanted to enter contests with Noey too, but it's only now that I'm not working that I see and have time to actually do it! Tell you what, next time I see a good one, I'll let you know :)

      Delete
  2. Anonymous29/5/12 13:32

    Canvassing for votes really turns me off joining contests too! Yay, hope you come up with something for the talent segment (!) and have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I hate popularity contests. They're always have really skewed results! I'm going to do something simple for the talent bit cos I'm guessing she might otherwise freeze up on stage. Hope it pans out!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...