Powered by Blog - Widget


Friday, July 13, 2012

Our Lego Family

Here's a fun post for the weekend.

You have seen our Lego representatives for the NDP, but I thought I'd also show you our "real" Lego family, which my husband put together some time back.

Here are Papa and Mama:

IMG 5588

And Noey and Nomi:

IMG 5589

 

Some details which you might not have realised: 

#1 - These minifigs have a beige skin tone instead of the standard Lego yellow. When I commented on this to DD, he also merrily informed me that he had to procure beige hands to match. Seriously, I didn't know such things could be bought, or sold, for that matter! 

#2 - Papa and Noey have the same shirt, as to Mama and Nomi. This in recognition of the matchy-matchy inclination that the boys share. Us girls, not so much, but I do think that might change when Nomi is a bit older.

#3 - There's an astronaut on the boys' shirts, a nod towards Noey's current love for space.

#4 - The kids have shorter legs than the adults. Yes, Lego has short legs! I didn't know that. They "aren't posable" though, DD says. (ie. they can't bend at the hip.)

#5 - What we are holding: A camera for DD for is our resident photographer, bling for me (ahem!), a paintbrush - in his left-hand - for art-loving Noey, and a teddy for huggable Nomi.

#6 - Our hairstyles. I think DD did a pretty good job with this one! He had originally assembled this with a cap on Papa's head, but I had a good laugh when I saw that he'd replaced the cap with hair because this is a really good representation of DD's hairstyle! And of course Nomi's china doll cut should be obvious to all.

I did say my husband is obsessed with Lego, didn't I? 

IMG 0133"Yay, it's the weekend!" says Lego Naomi.

You have yourselves a good one.

 

 

14 comments:

  1. So much thought has been put into this! ;) Lego Nomi's hair-do is spot on!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it is right? I just think DD obviously has TOO MANY parts!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous14/7/12 08:53

    I've learnt so much abt Lego just from this post! Didn't notice the beige till u mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually didn't really realise the beige either till we did the ones for the NDP and I noticed that those were yellow. Then DD clued me in. Yes, there's alot to Lego these days!

      Delete
  3. Haha! I thought your "bling" was a flashlight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not just you. I didn't know what it was till DD informed me! Before this, he had styled me with a cooking pot (because I like to cook) but some female friends objected. Haha.

      Delete
  4. Wow nice!! And mummy's hair is super sexy! Wheet whew!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Tank yew tank yew! Not so sexy in real life, sadly!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous16/7/12 09:11

    From seeing pictures of your family, I thought the Lego characters for your husband and Naomi are look really like the real them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee, thanks! My husband is not quite satisfied with the Lego him yet because he wants a face with specs. He's only seen that on the yellow-skinned minifigs though.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous16/7/12 14:27

    Wow the Lego you looks very sensual with luscious long hair! Phweet phweet! Am so amused by the beige Lego hands!!! HAHAHA could you take a pic of DD's Lego collection one day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, the Lego version is nicer than the real me, unfortunately! I think DD would kill me if I posted pics of his Lego collection. It wouldn't fit into one pic, certainly!

      Delete
  7. So nice, and I really didn't know you could get shorter legs and beige skin etc! Love that enormous bling bling you have btw! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only I had real bling that big eh? :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...