Powered by Blog - Widget


Thursday, July 19, 2012

Time to Disconnect

Disconnect

If you've been reading this blog for a while, you'll know that I've been making some attempts to disconnect. To get off my iPhone and get some real-life interaction instead. 

Today, I'm blogging at the bottomsup blog on my attempts to get over my iPhone addiction, and sharing some tips on things I have found useful while on this journey. It hasn't been easy and I've slipped up many many times. This is still a work in progress for me - more of that over here!

Interestingly, by the time you read this post, I will be on my way on a short vacation with my husband (and his Mum and Sis), SANS KIDS! It's the first time ever that the both of us are taking a trip away from the children. In fact, this is the first time I'm even spending the night without both children. The only other time I spent the night away from Noey was when I was in the hospital after delivering Naomi. So this is a big deal. We had originally intended to bring Noey with us - his air ticket had even been bought - but circumstances are such that we will be leaving both children behind.

Yes, I am worried. There is a possibility that one or both children might wake up and cry for Mummy in the middle of the night, notwithstanding the fact that they are in the capable hands of my parents. However, I have also decided to take this as a gift from God. Some time to allow me to get away - to disconnect from my online life and my kids, and to connect again with my husband and with God. So yes, I am worried, but I am also excited.

This is me, signing off. I'll be seeing you back here in a bit.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! hope to hear more about your trip when you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh great, i got a lot of idea here as i working online more or less 10-12 hours per day, time to disconnect...oh yeah, such a really new vocabulary word that hit my mind today. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...