Powered by Blog - Widget


Saturday, November 10, 2012

Decking the Halls

With the rain pouring down yesterday afternoon, I decided it was as good a time as any to get the Christmas tree up.

Noey was most enthusiastic. "We need to listen to some Christmas songs," he said, and he proceeded to put pick out one of his favourites and set the CD player going. (This boy can listen to Christmas songs the whole year round if we let him!)

It was a great suggestion on his part. The music, together with the wet weather outside, really set the tone for the whole festive dress-up.

Today was the first time that Noey has been interested in helping me with the tree. I was expecting him to get bored and run away but he didn't. Instead, he stayed to help me fix in the branches of our plastic tree, and made himself useful when I strung up the lights. Then, when it came time to hang up the decorations, he gamely picked his spot and patiently helped to hang the ornaments one by one.

He was so cooperative, I didn't have the heart to tell him that he'd hung all his ornaments a little too close together. I did look up and tell him to space things out a little, but then left him to it. I figured that I would just re-arrange things a little after we were done anyway.

Besides, I also had my hands full trying to stop Little Miss Naomi aka Destruction-on-two-legs-with-a-cute-face from pulling off everything within her reach and giving it a taste test.

IMG 4461

We were done fairly quickly, and for the first time, I could say that it was because of the help that I got from Noey, not In spite of of it. He was pretty proud of himself too.

IMG 4460

At times like this, I think that even as we sigh over how quickly our babies are growing up, having a big boy is pretty awesome too.

That said, I think I'm going Noey's decorating handiwork untouched. If only to remind myself that my big boy, isn't quite so big just yet. And that's the way I like it.

IMG 4462

Now that the tree is up, it's starting to feel a lot more like Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...