Powered by Blog - Widget


Wednesday, February 20, 2013

蛇年:初二 Maccers Morning

I think nothing says lazy morning like having Macs for breakfast. 

I got many happy memories wrapped up in the golden arches. Definitely my Dad's doing there.

We've had different favourite outlets over the years, but one of my favourite long-standing ones is the Farrer Road branch. Admittedly, it feels a lot less green than I remember it to be during my childhood. But I still like it for the outdoor space and that little pond that they have up front. My kids like the stuffy play structure at the back, but I'm definitely not a fan of that and always try to avoid having to get in as much as I can! 

Anyway, the second day of the Lunar New Year felt like as good a time as any to pop by Macs for brekkie, especially since we were sure it would be open, unlike a few breakfast joints which we were eyeing. Of course, EVERYONE had the same idea, so it ended up being a lot less of a peaceful morning than I anticipated! 

Fortunately, it being Macs, the table turnover is fairly quick. There was some waiting, but we were able to get a table and get food fairly quickly.

Macs1First the straw, then the whole cup for our Nomi.

The kids wolfed everything down, then were enticed out to check out the many many (many) terrapins they have in the pond out front. And pose for pics for Papa.

Macs2How's that for an unwilling photograph?

What they wanted to do instead was to play in the play structure, which we allowed them to for a bit before dragging them off to have a look see around Far East Flora nearby.

The place was a real ghost town with only a couple of lonely staff pottering around, moving the remnant Chinese New Year plants around. I'm not even sure the place was really open for business!

  

Macs3I love how this pic captures the personalities of my two kids: Mummy's boy Noey holding on to Mummy's hand and "I-want-to-do-everything-myself" Naomi purposefully striding ahead on her own.

We saw lots of interesting plants, including this plant with giant oranges on it which DD promptly christened "pomeloranges".

Macs4Say pomelorange!

While we were walking around, the kids had no trouble finding ways to entertain themselves.

Macs6Macs7I can't remember who started this activity, but if it was Naomi, I wouldn't be surprised.

We rounded it all off by going crazy with the touch-me-not plants in the grass beds around.

It was a slow morning of simple pleasures. Just my favourite kind. It certainly was a welcome break from the madness of the first day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...