Powered by Blog - Widget


Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

Mothersday2
It was Mother's Day again this weekend. My 5th one, would you believe it? Time really just flies by when you're not watching.

After 5 years of Mummy-ing, I wish I could say that I have it down pat. But of course I don't. Being a Mum is one of those jobs where you have to keep learning on the job and for which the job scope keeps changing. Just to keep you on your toes, the requirements are also different for each child! There are plenty of days when I wish I did a better job - unproductive days, whiny days, days when I look forward to bedtime from the moment the kids wake up. But after each day, I pick myself up and tell myself that tomorrow will be a better day, and it often is.

I've been a bit overstretched over the past few weeks. I find it hard to turn down an invitation to meet up so I've been going on playdates, attending events and meeting up with friends almost everyday. It's the way I love it, but that has left me very little downtime. So for this Mother's Day, we kept it simple. I got some time to have a lie-around and veg out with a book while DD took on the kids and brought them swimming. I think everyone had a great time. Then it was over to my MIL's for dinner, which she had insisted on cooking even though we had suggested heading out for dinner. That's how Mums are the best and I hope I will be able to live up to the same standard when I'm older.

As for my own Mum, I had a lovely time catching up with her, together with my brother and Dad at Carpenter & Cook on Saturday, while DD spent time with the kids. It was a treat for me too, to be able to eat without the children underfoot, and I enjoyed it tremendously. It was my first (long-overdue) visit to the cafe, and it certainly wouldn't be my last.

I got two lovely cards from the kids. Meips' I had helped her make during playgroup. Still I appreciated every foam flower that she merrily selected and painstakingly peeled the backing off to stick on her card. Of course at the end of the whole exercise, she thought the card was hers and started protesting whenever I said that the card was for me! She's lucky she's so cute, I forgive her anything.

Mothersday3

As for Noey, he presented me with a hand drawn piece which he worked on with his Daddy. I am very fond of it, but what he doesn't know is that he gave me my Mother's Day gift a couple of days ago when he snuggled up to me at bedtime and told me "I really really love you, Mummy. More than anything. More than anyone."

Mothersday4

Yes, I've been a Mummy for 5 years and you know what? It keeps getting better.

I hope all you wonderful Mummies had a lovely Mother's Day too.

IMG 7569

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous13/5/13 06:54

    A happy Mother's Day to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessed Mother's Day to you!

    Funny how most mums (or at least I do!) opt for a quiet me-only time on Mother's Day. Haha.

    That's really sweet of Noey. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really appreciated the time to chill, alone! Noey really is a Mummy's boy :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...