Powered by Blog - Widget


Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Orientation for the Lil' Missy

A pre-school milestone of another kind for my other child the week after the kindy year-end concert: Orientation for my little missy.

Orientation

Next year she takes her first steps into formal education, and I'm excited for her. I still remember how, at this time of the year when Noey would have been due to start N1, I hesitated and made the decision not to send him to school in January. A large part of the reason is that, being a year-end baby, we weren't keen to send him off to school when he was barely two. Also, with his clingy and immature personality, we didn't think he was ready.

I have no such worries when it comes to Meips. Steady, independent and social, I think she is ready to take on kindy. Let's hope kindy is also ready for her! I've been dropping her off at BSF (which we attend once a week) for two years now and her teachers have only praise for her -- of how quickly she settles and how attentively she listens and how actively she participates. I think she will enjoy school. At least she is familiar with the environment, having accompanied me over the past two years on daily runs to pick Noey up. It was still be an adjustment though, especially since every time I ask her if she wants to go to school her answer has been a steadfast "no".

She did enjoy Orientation, despite her misgivings. I'd accompanied Noey to music class, leaving DD to bring her to school. But when we arrived a little later, I found her happily absorbed in her play activities, comfortable in the teachers' care while DD was attending a talk by the Principal in a separate hall. She was so engrossed that even when we came over to look for her later, she wasn't prepared to leave. Let's hope this bodes well for the rest of the year.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure she'll love her new school life. Lil Pumpkin starts K1 next year oh my! Still can't believe she'll be 5 next year!

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka

    ReplyDelete
  2. V, I'm sure she'll settle in relatively fast and have a lot of fun! M took a week of adjusting to playgroup this year, but now loves school very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im sure she will do fine! Look forward to your kids-free time.. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...