Powered by Blog - Widget


Thursday, September 11, 2014

A Blessed New Arrival

Over the weekend, I finally, finally had the opportunity to make the acquaintance of a very special little man.

Meet my little nephew, Baby E.

BabyEBaby E pictured here with my own baby Mei, looking like a real giant beside her tiny new cousin.

After suffering from PPROM, my dear sister, by God's grace, spent a heroic 8 weeks (!!!) in the hospital before the onset of contractions. After weeks of uncertainty, little E was born after 33 weeks of gestation. A preemie, he was, but if he had showed us anything from his eventful stay in his mummy's womb, it is that he is a strong one. He had to stay in the NICU for 2 weeks, but he improved steadily, coming off oxygen quickly and transitioning from feeding tube to bottle to being able to nurse directly.

Thinking back on the fear and uncertainty we lived through in the days following the PPROM episode, I truly marvel how the Lord's provision can be seen every step of the way, from the milestones hit and the prayers answered. As we learnt to let go of what we could not control and lift them up to Him, He met the desires of our hearts and prepared the new parents for the task ahead. Baby E's name had been decided a long time ago, long before the new parents realised what a testimony his entry into the world would be. Elijah: The Lord Jehovah is my God. Indeed.

Only parents and grandparents are allowed in the NICU so Saturday was the first time I and my excited little daughter were able to meet our little nephew/cousin (Noey was down with a fever and I decided it was probably best that he didn't come along.) Baby E mostly slept through our visit but Mei hung around gently stroking his head and watching Kong Kong feed baby E. I'm sure she'll be an excellent Jiejie to him and equally sure that she cannot wait to boss him around.

Welcome to the family little one!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...