Powered by Blog - Widget


Tuesday, May 08, 2007

TK Review

We flew Turkish Airlines during our recent holiday after failing redeem SQ tix as planned - time running out on our accumulated miles! :/

Turkish Airlines proved to be a decent ride with personal inflight entertainment screens (hurray!) which were larger than the usual SQ ones and were touch screen, which was pretty convenient. There was a decent number of movies to choose from, though maybe less than the number offered on SQ. The one minus was that there was less leg room so for prolonged periods it might feel rather cramped if you are tall. Obviously it all didn't matter to me, being my height, but DD felt it.



They fed us quite a bit though, which was a plus in my book! That didn't stop me from wolfing a whole "Turkish pizza" by myself at the Istanbul airport though...



I never really found out the name of this dish since I simply pointed to the pic when ordering, but this was the a-bit-of-everything combo with veggies and minced lamb and cheese... It was really good! And I don't think it was just that I was feeling hungry.

Actually, DD couldn't believe I was hungry. I think my system was all confused by the overnight flight and the changes in the time zone. By our count, I had like 5 meals from Changi till we landed in Rome - Popeye's chicken at Changi, Plane supper, Plane breakfast, Turkish pizza at Istanbul airport, and Quiche and Cheese snack on the Istanbul/Rome connecting flight - and I was still ready to eat. Whatever. I think he was just too otherwise occupied to feel hungry!



Guess we wouldn't mind flying by TK again...

8 comments:

  1. Flying makes me nibble more than usual too!

    Hee, nowadays inflight entertainment is so impt! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i had that dish in sofra! hmm i cant remember the name too, but it was yummy! they have it in chicken, beef and mutton.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. all that talk and all I can think of is... "you are wearing specs!" lol

    you are making me itch for a holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lilsnooze >> yeah, esp after all the movie-less korean flights i'd been having! that said, i slept most of the time and only saw A Good Year and half of School for Scoundrels...

    yuling >> oh, they have it at sofra? shall go check it out! :) i really like it.

    lilmsbeadalot >> hahaha, i thot someone might point that out! :) flying mah, didn't think it would be a good idea to wear my contacts...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Touchscreen is so cool! About those miles, think can keep them and rollover til next year. My miles from days of flying for work (and that's like a long time ago) are still intact but I'm so lazy to redeem them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. we've had these miles for a while so they start expiring in sept... :( still hoping to be able to use them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yup yup, i always tend to overeat when flying cos we can't tell which time zone we are supposed to be in anymore! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah, esp when they always turn on the lights at funny times and feed you when you're not really hungry yet!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...