Powered by Blog - Widget


Saturday, June 07, 2008

The Name Game

A sign that I've turned 30: on clearing out our mailbox, I discovered the notice from the ICA asking me to change my NRIC to update my (alas!) rather outdated photograph on my ID.

One good thing about this is the opportunity to include my married name in my ID so that I can finally use my married name officially when I want to - like when I'm making reservations for restaurants/hotels - and spare my poor husband the awkwardness of being called "Mr Poh" by the staff! The poor dude was rather discomfited by that during the recent trip.

In the process of checking the name options though, I realised that more than simply changing my family name and leaving the rest of my name intact, one of the options I had was to have myself referred to by DD's full name -- ie. I could be Mrs DD Ong HC. And not only could I add that name to my ID, but I could actually change my name to Mrs DD Ong HC and remove my own current name altogether!

DD: I sound like I'm some kind of cult!

Haha. Yeah, no offence to my dear hubs but I think I'll stick to having my own name with his family name! (Now if my name was going to be Mrs Brad Pitt or something, I might re-think my options... :P)

4 comments:

  1. =) Haha looks like I'm like you! Use our "Mrs" status when making reservations.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, you too! Yeah, if not it's very confusing when they use my maiden surname on DD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I never thought of changing my name. I kena reminder to submit a photo but I'm dragging my feet coz my hair's just in a mess right now =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I haven't taken my pic yet either! Not changing my name, just adding in my married name :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...