Powered by Blog - Widget


Monday, June 09, 2008

Surprisingly surprising

Since my birthday this year was celebrated in the US, the hubs didn't have the chance to organise my annual "usual surprise birthday party". That didn't stop my wonderful husband from trying to plan some kind surprise nonetheless after we arrived back in S'pore.

Unfortunately, the thing about surprises is that sometimes, the surprise-ee makes other plans which spoils the surprise-or's plans. In this case, because DD had told me that he would be busy on Friday, I, thinking that I should prob otherwise occupy myself, agreed to meet my parents to attend a wake of a distant relative, and chirpily informed DD that he didn't have to worry about me for the evening. That would have wrecked his plans for good, but because I could only meet my parents after 8.30pm, I merrily agreed later to meet DD for dinner before trooping off.

Still he didn't tell me that he had actually made plans for the evening.

Instead I met him on Friday evening, and he showed real indecision about where to go for dinner, and kept wandering around the square where we met until he walked off in a direction for a short distance before he turned around grinning. And there walking to meet us was Daph, who after a merry "surprise!" informed me that she was the surprise for the evening. And there I was thinking that she had other plans and was unable to meet!

While we were not able to have dinner at Man Fu Yuan as DD had originally planned, we still managed to pop over the Jade for some yummy Chinese food. (We're still having our Chinese food withdrawal you see.)



So we're done for surprises this year I think? Till next year...

7 comments:

  1. happy belated birthday! hope u have a good one with little being in you, it must be a special experience! =p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11/6/08 11:25

    happy belated, babe! you're looking very good, pregger! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. elaine >> thanks elaine! it was fun, having baby along to celebrate this year :) esp since i turned 30! eeps.

    yuling >> awww, thanks babe. i'm sure you're looking great too. we really should meet up - we'd be a funny sight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12/6/08 16:27

    let's do meet up then! maybe with lms and jemej too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy belated birthday! That's a really sweet and determined husband you have there :) And oh, I love the food at Jade!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yuling >> ok! but recently very busy at work. i'll e-mail you!

    corsage >> haha, yes, he is. i should write about my actual birthday in US actually...

    Jade's now no longer under Tung Lok, did you know? But the food's still great, thankfully :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous19/6/08 23:41

    we're even wearing blue in this pic! :p

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...