Powered by Blog - Widget


Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My Big Boy's Birthday

After a good run of posts, this blog has been derailed by baby shopping, home renovation, our need for sleep and the Olympics. And I must say, the Olympics has been fantastic entertainment, bringing out the almost forgotten sportsman side of me! Haha. More of that later.

In between, we did take time to celebrate a couple of birthdays -- my bro's and DD's.



DD and I have a rather different attitudes to our birthdays. While I generally enjoy a good party (or 2!) with friends and family, he basically favours a quiet affair. But each time his birthday rolled round the past couple of years, I just couldn't resist the urge to organise a party -- hey, a birthday should be celebrated, no? It only comes around once year after all.

This year however, I thought I'd respect his wishes (for once) and just have a simple celebration to mark his birthday. Just the 2 of us, and Little Being of course. And since my dear hubs has always had a fondness for Sentosa while I have an affinity for trying out new places, I decided to give Braise a shot.

The night didn't get off to such a great start initially when we just couldn't find the entrance to the restaurant and spent a good couple of minutes wandering around confused on the ground floor before giving up and calling the restaurant for directions. We later found that we had taken the correct stairs up but had gone away thinking we were on the wrong track as the heavy metal door at the entrance was shut. Duh. But once we'd sorted that out, the rest of the evening was a treat. Given that it was a Wednesday night, the place was really rather quiet with only 2 other tables being occupied. Service was therefore attentive, but thankfully without being too overly enthusiastic.

More importantly, the food was good. The appetisers were more interesting than the mains but they were all well executed. We went with their recommendations and were pleased with the results.



And since I'd informed the host that it was DD's birthday, they decorated the dessert plate accordingly, and wishes him happy birthday thereafter, which I thought was a nice personal touch.



For the Daddy-to-be, I think the best part of the evening though was getting his present:



The last set that would be 100% his before Little Being comes along, though I'm sure he would gleefully buy more sets, purportedly for Little Being in future! And in the years to come, he may complain about the lack of attention to his birthday once Little Being comes along and I have another birthday to plan!

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to the boys! :)

    Is that Lego I spy? I realised when trying to shop for Lego as a present recently that they all come in themed boxes now! Hard to find loose/theme-less ones anymore =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous25/8/08 10:55

    Oh!! i love that star war lego set!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous27/8/08 05:28

    shucks, this comes way too late, but i just found this on the internet.

    http://mysite.verizon.net/res041jh/snmcakes/HanSoloCarbonite.html

    he would have loved it, especially if you baked it. what better to way to make you *both* happy? cooking and han solo!
    ;)

    next birthday maybe? shhhh....

    ReplyDelete
  4. corsage >> Yes, DD LOVES the Star Wars lego. he and his cousin egg each other on and his wife and i are always shaking our heads! I think Lego realised they sell a lot of these themed sets to adults not kids!

    silver-crv >> haha, yes, DD was super excited when the latest series came out. it was between this and the rpublic gunship and i bought this cos, erm, the box was smaller and therefore easier for me to carry!

    nat >> haha, that's cute! but actually i don't bake -- DD has heavily dissauded me from doing so cos it would mean me buying even more kitchen equipment and he really doesn't want me to do so! haha.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...