Powered by Blog - Widget


Sunday, August 03, 2008

On My Own (pretending he's beside me?)

DD's off to HK for the weekend on his firm trip till Mon, so it's just me and Little Being at home. I didn't tag along cos his company was really fussy about stowaways and the package price they wanted to charge for an extra person really wasn't worth the money for such a short trip. Besides, I wasn't sure I could handle all the walking in HK!

The good thing is that his trip is short enough that I haven't had time to miss him TOO much, though the weekend was very quiet without his familiar presence, the bed too big, and (as I told him) my toothbrush looked a little lonely in the cup all on its own.

'Twas my first visit to T3 to send him off though, so I took the opportunity to look around a bit. It was nice and spanking new, but really, it was, erm, like an airport? Hmmm, maybe I'll try to get a more thorough look when I go pick him up...



On my own on Sat afternoon, I settled for a looong lunch with some girlfriends at Bren's cafe at Turf City. If you to wander into that neck of the woods, do check out Scrumptious! Bren's an excellent cook and quite the foodie so you can be assured that the food at her place is some standard. And everyone agrees the coffee is great (apparently better when her hubby YK is around)! Alas, I haven't been able to give a first hand review of this, but that has been the general consensus. The eggs benedict on the other hand, I can say, are indeed yummy. I'm also currently hooked to the shepherd's pie...

Some "file pics" cos my camera died on Sat and I couldn't take any fresh shots. (This was also earlier in pregnancy -- about 3 months? - so I looked much thinner. Sigh!)

Me with my Eggs Ben

DD's Big Fry-Up

Scrumptious!


And oh, parents you might like to note -- this place totally caters for the kids. On top of a wide variety of toys and cute kiddy furniture, they have a free play area for kids and free story-telling seshs as well. They open for breakfast and close by 6pm.

Address:
200 Turf Club Road
#01-19 Turf City

As for the rest of the weekend, I went back to being my parents' little girl. Nothing like some pampering by the parents!

3 comments:

  1. I like the song that you titled this post with :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE lea salonga and i love this song!
    you have such a cute bump :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, me too -- i love that song!

    bump is feeling heavier and less cute by the day!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...