Powered by Blog - Widget


Monday, December 28, 2009

On the 1st Day of Christmas...

The Christmas morning madness at my parents' place is a family tradition. My siblings and I used to rush out on Christmas morning (just about the only time we'd wake up early on our own accord) and rip open all the gifts waiting patiently under the tree. Ever since I moved out after marriage, I've always carted our presents over on Christmas morning for the exchange and opening. And now with Noey in tow, it really does get a little crazy. Especially cos he's got so many gifts!



Noey isn't quite at the stage where he appreciates presents yet. He was mostly disinterested in the process, though he occasionally perked up when interesting items were unveiled under all that wrapping paper.


Noey wondering what the fuss is about

"Ooo, looky here, there's something under all that paper for me!"


The part I enjoy best about the whole process is seeing everyone's reactions to the gifts they got. While my usual modus operandi is to try to get the "perfect present" for each person, this year I changed tack and instead got stuff which I liked very much, but with the recipient in mind. And I was pretty chuffed to see that that worked rather well too. Of course, for some people like my Dad, the best present was seeing Noey enjoying HIS present. Tsk tsk, if I'd known that, I wouldn't have bothered shopping for him!

Noey getting started on the doodle board, with some help from Kong Kong


I did get some pretty awesome gifts myself, inclluding a Le Creuset french oven from my parents. Hurray, more cooking coming up!

It was church with my parents thereafter, followed by lunch in church, after which everyone crashed for a nap.

Then it was on to dinner with the in-laws at Osacars. The spread was awesome -- including a wide selection of oysters from different parts of the world which were freshly shucked on request, oo la la! -- and Noey gifted us the best gift of being a good boy all through dinner and letting us eat our fill. He on his part finished all of his macaroni dinner then moved on to the bread and chomped down many grapes from the buffet table. If he keeps this up, maybe we can finally bring him out on more meals!

I love this shot which has Noey actually smiling. He started clapping his hands and going "Yay!" for some reason while the photo was being taken and I'm so pleased the server who was helping us take the shot managed to catch it.

8 comments:

  1. Yah noey looks so happy in that shot! Awesome Christmas day eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice family tradition you have! I've been thinking about starting some sort of a tradition in our new family too and am wondering what would be sustainable, esp considering how we might be in KL every alternate year. Yours sounds really lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. only parents will realise how difficult it is to capture a smiling child on photos. Great picture!

    The french oven ranks very high on my wishlist too. to many good meals ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. such lovely Christmas celebrations! to a great 2010 for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lyn :: And he was looking at the camera too! How rare is that! i enjoyed our christmas this year. missed meeting you guys though.

    corsage :: Thanks babe. It's a really simple thing but something I enjoy and look forward to. I think I would like to start a little something with Noey at home too when he's older and better able to appreciate christmas and what it stands for.

    sockling :: the one i got was only special offer -- $289 for 24cm. was a really good deal, which was why i alerted my mum to it. really didn't want her to pay too much for it.

    imp :: thanks babe. welcome home! all the best for 2010 to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yaay he looks like he likes the bus bag, seeing how he was reaching for it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i spy the le cruestet! hee... :)
    here's to a more fabulous 2010 babes! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amanda :: He certainly did! He loves buses so it was perfect :) Thanks for that.

    Vanessa :: Yes! I made my first stew with it and it was soooo good. Of course I dunno if it was the recipe (trusty Jamie Oliver) or the pot. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...