Powered by Blog - Widget


Saturday, December 12, 2009

SIN-HKG-SIN

Back from our mid-week holiday to Hong Kong and I'm feeling like I need another holiday to recover from this one!

The days when we used to touch down on Sunday night and return to work on Monday morning are far behind us, I'm afraid. Things are more than a little different when we're travelling with one additional little being in tow. And a demanding one at that.

Still, it was good to get away, just the 3 of us. Noey certainly enjoyed himself. I guess with a comfortable hotel room which he was free to wander around at will, parents at his beck and call 24/7, getting to go out everyday and eat all sorts of usually unauthorised food while sitting on Mummy's lap half the time and not being restrained to his high chair, riding taxis, ferries and trains all day... what was there not to love?

Oh, and I didn't even mention the killer view from our hotel window.

"Joo joo!" goes Noey.
It's the phrase of the week, or weeks really.


All the buses, trucks, bikes and boats Noey could ever want to see (and point at). Plus the occasional helicopter thrown in the mix. Life should be this perfect everyday for a 1-year old!

More stories and photos to share in a bit.

6 comments:

  1. Yes please!! DETAILS!! Lol. Need to gather info from all you travelling moms on how it can be done before I go on an insane trip with 2 in tow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. joo joo- sooooo cute!
    looking fwd to the pix! which reminds me, i haven't posted my tokyo ones yet. zzzzzzzzz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed a great view to wake up to and definitely something to keep noey occupied and entertained!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great view! Is the hotel expensive? What does Joo Joo mean? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like Noey had a great trip!

    i'm sure u enjoyed your 'vacation' despite the 24/7 parenting. looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle :: Ok, akan datang! I'm sure you can do it, tho I think I would be a bit stressed with 2 to handle too!

    Pei Fen :: Yes, looking forward to seeing your pics. They always make me feel like I need a trip to Japan. One day!

    Lilsnooze :: You took the words right out of my mouth :)

    Shyanyan :: It's Kowloon Shangri-la and we got a really GREAT rate for it (S$290 per night) off Agoda. Will post more on this! And as for "Joo Joo", it's anything that he sees that gets him excited and he wants to tell us about (but he doesn't know what it's called)!

    Sockling :: Haha, vacations are not quite the same anymore with the little ones along, are they?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...