Powered by Blog - Widget


Sunday, December 13, 2009

Wheels Go Round and Round



Noey absolutely loves buses. I've no idea why -- perhaps it's the little boy fascination with all things big and noisy. He will point out virtually every bus he sees on the road with excited declarations of "Baa Baa!". And he would repeat it most times till you confirm that yes, it was a bus he saw.

He would even rouse himself from sleep to do this. Once we were driving home, watching as we waited to see him drop off to sleep. Alas, we came to a halt at a traffic light junction next to a bus. DD tried to stop a little further away so that the bus wouldn't come into full view but Noey saw it anyway. Sure enough, we spied a the hand going up with his finger raised, and "Baa Baa!" he said, sleep momentarily shaken off.

(On a side note, he almost always repeats the word twice even though I NEVER say "Bus Bus". I wonder why that is. I have also not yet managed to get him to pronounce the "Sss" at the end of the word even though he can make the "Sss" sound perfectly when I show him a picture of a snake. Let's see how long he takes to make the connection.)

Which is why all of us were thrilled when Auntie Drey gave Noey his very own Harrods bus, together with a big big of books and toys, I must add.



It took some work prying it out of the box -- why they must SCREW it into a cardboard box, I cannot understand -- but with the combined efforts of Papa and the Casa Verde staff, Noey had a "Baa Baa!" he was free to bang around. Which he promptly did of course.



Thanks Drey for the lovely gifts and for taking the time out of your supremely busy schedule to meet us!

Looking positively short next to my tall and statuesque friend. I really shouldn't slouch when I already need every inch I can get!

2 comments:

  1. what a cute onesie! tough noey indeed :)

    and i'm loving his nom nom thighs- he looks like he put on some weight!! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, that onesie was a present from his god parents! his thighs are the only nom-able part of him left and i'm trying to keep that at least!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...