Powered by Blog - Widget


Thursday, June 30, 2011

Flipped!

Naomi rolled over today!

She's 2 days shy of 4 months.


Hmmm, what just happened? How did I get this way up?

She had just about convinced me that she wasn't interested in flipping when she pulled this stunt, rolling from her back to her front when my helper put her down for a diaper change. I had just walked a few steps away with Noey when my helper started cheering, and I came over to see Naomi on her tummy with her arm stuck under her. After that she pulled a few almost-flips (where she was practically perpendicular to the mattress, lying on her side) but she didn't repeat the feat again.

All in good time, baby.

I find that while I was very excited about Noey hitting his milestones -- and he kindly obliged by hitting most of them early -- this time round with Naomi, I'm just happy to take these as they come. I can't remember and have not read up on when babies are "supposed" to hit certain developmental milestones. Instead, I'm just cheering her on and enjoying her at the stage she is at in the meantime. I'm sure this is the 2nd time Mum in me speaking. The one that knows that once the baby starts flipping, they don't stop, and diaper changes become a pain!

The sense of wonder, however, is still the same. How my itty little baby has grown!

I took a quick sniff and reassured myself that her lovely baby smell was still there.

Don't grow too quickly ok, little mistress Mei!

(NB: This is also my 1000th post on this blog. A milestone is its own right!)

5 comments:

  1. How true! 2nd time mummies tend to take things easier huh.

    It was only when we watched nat's videos when he was 4-5mths old, did we realise that actually, meimei is abit slack in gross motor skills development! At this time, Nat was much more adventurous in turning and flipping. Meimei, being a xiao-jie, just wails and wants to be carried instead when on her back or front too long (she deemed). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh!! both your kids reaching milestones within the same week! awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Naomi!! That's so exciting, hope she doesn't stay up all night practising that though :)
    Baby M started scooting-crawling along for real yesterday so we were cheering that too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I mention I love her hair?? It's soo awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @lilsnooze hah, naomi's the same, preferring to be carried! otherwise, she's just always trying to crunch up. definitely not as active as noey!

    @fanyin haha, noey had no choice about his milestone! :)

    @Maril you know, she does flip over more often at night because she likes to twist and arch her back when trying to fall asleep. now she plops right over! i stay around to try to stop her from doing so till she falls asleep :) wow, scooching already! (that's what i call it, hah.) well done little M!

    @Daphne i love it myself! pity we've got to trim it soon! it's getting into her eyes.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...