Powered by Blog - Widget


Monday, September 19, 2011

It's a Jungle Out There!

On the first day of the school holidays, we took advantage of being free from the school routine by heading out to check out the newest indoor play gym in town, Amazonia, together with FY and her 2 boys. Feels like everyone has been sussing this out recently, from the number of updates I've come across on Facebook and Twitter on this.

For us, it was the most impromptu of playdates. I had messaged her the day before, randomly asking if she was going to bring her boys out during the school hols and asking to tag along so that I would have some company. A few quick exchanges and we were set for the next day.

I think Noey knew he was in for a treat when we entered and were greeted by the highest slide I've seen in a non-theme park environment.


The pièce de résistance of the gym -- the massive slide!


Noey quickly made his way up, with me trailing close behind. And before I could finish my question -- "you SURE you want to go down?" -- he was off!


Slowly, then ZOOOOOM!


I think he started to have second thoughts on the way down, judging by the death grip he was keeping on the side of the slide all the way down. He only relaxed as we neared the bottom, and after that he refused to go on it again till the end of the session when he plucked up courage to try again. Haha.


The entrance into the toddlers play area, where Noey decided to retreat to instead, after the stunt with the slide.



Messing about with the puzzle board.



I was glad we were there on a weekday. Maybe it was because it was only the first day of the school hols, but the hoards were not out that day, so Meips was able to have a free run, or rather, roll of the place.



Meips having her BIG (remember that movie?) moment on the step-piano. Cool chicks munch their fingers at the same time yo.



Ball pits are always a hit. When we're not busy scolding older children for throwing balls around.



Spot the baby! Even Meips got in on the act. Not for long though because she kept trying to eat the balls.


FY's 2 boys had as good, if not a better time, especially YK whom I didn't manage to catch a single pic of till the end because he was too busy climbing and shocking his Mum by coming down the slide all on his own. Awww. Well done kiddo!

We decided to have lunch there, which turned out to be a bit of a mistake. I was lazy to uproot the kids since they were clearly having a good time so I thought it would be easier to just feed them there and let them return to playing. The food wasn't bad -- they had pretty decent lunch special for $11 which came with a main course and a drink. But after everyone was fed and after factoring in the extra time we spent there, we had a bit of sticker shock when we saw the final bill! Next time we will go for the 2hrs of playtime and get out!

Teriyaki Salmon rice set, which came with a soft drink, for $11. Much more worth it than the other main I ordered which was supposed to be fried chicken with rice but came with fries instead.


For those wondering, the rate was $20 for 2hrs of play for tots under 3, $30 for kids 3 and above. Accompanying adults enter free. The rate sheet indicated that they charged for babes 3 months and upwards, but when I asked about Naomi they let her in for free. Thankfully, for I might not have wanted to go in if I had to pay for her. You get cheaper rates if you take up a membership but the member fee was quite steep -- $75 if I remember correctly. I wasn't sure it'd be worth it unless we go back ALOT.

Incidentally, I typed out this whole entry on my iPad and it's hard work! My laptop started acting up so I sent it in to get it looked over. Can't wait to get it back! One-finger typing is painstaking work...

9 comments:

  1. Bravo for typing this out on the ipad!!! :)

    Frankly, I was too chicken for the slide too!!!

    And when we realised they charged for natalie, we made sure she had some fun at the toddler area too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were there recently on the Bubs' actual birthday! Paid for her and we had NINE adults (Roboman's and my immediate families) accompany her. Haha! We had loads of fun being buried under the balls. I was really freaked out by the slides myself! Was laughed at because I looked so terrified on the way down =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. tut tut tut.. you mean:

    ball pits are always a hit, when you're not busy scolding OTHER PEOPLE'S older children for throwing balls around

    hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. *gasp* i don't think i dare to do the slide. is that one of a mummy's job duties? i didn't notice! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @lilsnooze i think i was on my way down before i realised "eh, this can be a bit scary..." haha. they charged for natalie? i honestly don't think it's fair to charge for kids under 1. they can't do much at all!

    @Corsage@A Dollop Of Me Wow, 9 adults! That was a good deal. Haha. I think I might bring Noey back for his actual birthday too. I love slides myself so I didn't mind too much :)

    @FY Hahahaha. Well, they deserved it!

    @Candice Hee, can always try to subcontract to Daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous21/9/11 13:59

    Oh gosh, that slide.....
    I can so imagine you two tsking and shooing off other children, hahah

    Nish

    ReplyDelete
  7. My son loved it.
    A trick that the dad taught him was to lie flat. Goes down slower and prevents the kid from getting "thrown" abt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you just love this place? I've been raving about it to everyone with kids.
    I personally enjoyed the slide very much as Sophie is too young to go on it herself. But did you find the slide in the younger area too fast? They should have some warning for it unless you have adrenaline junkie for kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Nish Hah, FY did a good job! They scooted off after a while!

    @XY Ah, good tip! Shall try that next time I'm there!

    @Susan You're right! I got quite a shock the first time I went down the kiddy slide. It was way faster than I expected. I was holding Naomi too. Thankfully she didn't seem to mind!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...