Powered by Blog - Widget


Friday, February 03, 2012

Photo-A-Day Challenge: January

There's a new mini project that has got me hooked.

If you're on Instagram, you might have noticed folks posting daily photos on a common theme. I noticed this, and my curiosity piqued, I asked a friend about the photos she was posting. She sent me the list, and I've been hooked ever since.

I started off trying to take a photo -- any photo -- that would fulfill the theme. My approach to this, however, has evolved into one where I try to capture a daily photo of my activities for the day which would meet the theme. And look good too. It has challenged me to create interesting images out of my usual routine, and at the same time, these images serve as a visual diary snapshot of what I did that particular day. Of course, there are days when I cheat and use an old photograph because I have nothing that fits, or I take a photo a day late because I just didn't manage to take one on time. But by and large, I have been sticking to my mission and it has made me see beauty in the everyday. I love that.

The February challenge has kicked off, and while I'm not sure I'll follow this through the entire year, I'm having fun with this so I'm still posting daily. If you're on Instagram, you can find and follow me @mummybean. That said, my account is private and I tend to only add folks whom I know so you'll probably have to drop me a note before I'll add you. Otherwise, I'll be posting my monthly photo round-up here.

Looking at this, I can kind of see where my January has gone, since I started snapping on the 10th!




If you're interested to join in, I've posted the February challenge list below. You can also find it here at Fatmumslim. Do check out the hashtag #photoadaychallenge or #janphotoaday or now, #febphotoaday to see everyone's photos. I've certainly found it interesting looking at different takes of the same theme!


10 comments:

  1. I'm still contemplating IF to start on it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting challenge. Might start on it today. :)

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm playing along too. look forward to you pics! Chantelle is awesome for building a community like this. I'm gonna add u as @aisakuraharuka :)

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka

    ReplyDelete
  4. @lilsnooze
    don't have to follow every day! i skip some days when i have no time. hee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! Looks like a fun idea :) mind I follow you? I am using @dreamlaughlive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I shall do a round-up too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @lilsnooze Yes, C is right. Just post when you can or when the inspiration strikes!

    @mirrror do share your pictures if you do! :)

    @Ai Sakura and @dreamlaughlive Added you both!

    @Delphine Do! I think it's nice to have all the pics in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes indeed it's been really fun and became something I look forward to each day :) Loved seeing your photos too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! You pics are really nice! You have the artistic eye lah...

      Delete
  9. Anonymous13/2/12 13:51

    Hello mummybean!

    I love looking at ur children pics esp cutie pie Naomi!
    They really brighten my days! I have added you in instragram, can you accept my request?

    Thank u!
    Fangness

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...