Powered by Blog - Widget


Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Workshop: How to Create a Non-Toxic Home

I am way, way behind with my blog. Having to run to repeatedly to the Paed with 2 sick kids and plan a party in between, while being sick for a bit myself, blogging does get pushed way down the priority list. I hope to be back with more updates soon.

But first I have an interesting event to share.


The good folks behind Four Cow Farm and Little Green Dot are organising a fun, hands-on workshop on "How to Create a Non-Toxic Home". This will be taking place next Thursday, 15 March 2012 at 10am at Smitten Cafe.

I don't know about you, but I have, in recent years, become increasingly concerned about the chemicals and additives that are in our food, toiletries and general cleaning agents around the house. Even more so now with the two young ones at home. I find myself swaying towards organic food -- I try to buy organic greens where available -- and avoiding too much processed food. For toiletries, I try to buy products free of SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) and parabens. I haven't been as particular about cleaning agents, though recent conversations with a couple of friends have started me thinking about this a little more carefully.

Which is also why I am pretty excited about this workshop. During the session, Delphinia from Four Cow Farm and Militza from Little Green Dot will be teaching everyone how to identify toxic ingredients in household cleaning products and how to find safer alternatives. I think this will be useful if you, like me, are frequently boggled by the list of ingredients to be found in such products. And the fun part: participants will be learning and making 3 all-natural cleaning products together:

1. An All-Purpose Spray (that cleans and disinfects)
2. Window and Glass Cleaner
3. Toilet Bowl Cleaner

There will be refreshments, your Guide to a Non-Toxic Home, and the all-purpose spray that you made to take home. All this for the registration fee of $15.

Sounds fun? E-mail Delphinia at delphinia@fourcowfarm.com to register or if you need more information!

Event details

Date: Thursday 15th March 2012
Time: 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.
Place: Smitten Cafe at 60 Robertson Quay, #01-11, The Quayside.

I will be going so I hope to see you there!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/3/12 10:33

    Sounds good! Think I'll go with my friend(s)!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...