Powered by Blog - Widget


Thursday, November 22, 2012

Little Goddaughter of Mine

I went to meet my little Goddaughter for the first time over the weekend.

BabyB1

DD's third little Goddaughter, but a special one to me, because this time I get to be Godma, instead of my previous position as Godmother-in-law to her sisters. (That's what I call it, but they just call me Aunty V, really.) This little one is mine, and I was so glad to meet her.

It's special, carrying a newborn. Even as a Mum twice over, I still find myself surprised at how tiny they are. My own 20-month old baby suddenly seems like a giant beside this tiny new bundle.

Noey wasn't too interested in the new baby, but little Nomi was really curious.

"Baby! Hello Baby," she said affably as we introduced little Baby B to her, stretching out a hand to pat Baby B gently on her head. Even when I carried little Baby B in my arms, she showed no jealousy. That surprised me. I remember when Noey was the same age, he would not let me carry another baby without whining and insisting that I carry him instead. 

Perhaps Nomi regarded Baby B as a new doll. Whatever, the case it made DD and I think that maybe she's ready to be a big sister. I do think she'd be very pleased to have someone she can legitimately boss around! Of course, whether we choose to go down that route is the subject of another post altogether. Still, it was heartening to think that Nomi would take to it well. For the record, I actually think she would be a great big sister. It is me who is not prepared to lose her as the baby of the family quite just yet.

Still something to think about.

In the meantime, what is a Goddaughter if not someone extra to spoil?

IMG 4569

A cute reversible outfit for Baby B and crayon rolls for her two sisters. Everything by my talented friend D at The Lil Roar Store. She makes me want to learn for to sew! In the meantime, I'm happily purchasing her creations. I think those crayon rolls would make cute gifts for Christmas.

Yet another little girl to shop for. Hurray!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...