Powered by Blog - Widget


Saturday, December 08, 2012

Thank Goodness for Cat!

One of the great things that happens when the holidays roll round is that the malls start staging lots of good performances for kids. The best part is that they're free! Of course, the not-so-good part is that they require you to put in the effort to queue up and jostle with others for seats.

Honestly, I usually try to avoid queues like plague, but some weeks back, I saw the poster for the show "Cat" at Forum Galleria and thought it would be a good one for both my kids.

I made a date with two other Mums from church to catch this performance last Fri, but we got overly ambitious and tried to pack in playground time and lunch before the 1pm show. We didn't make it. Instead, one of the little tots fell asleep, and I ended up watching about half the show from behind the barriers with my two kiddos. I saw enough to know that it was a production that both the children would enjoy, and made a mental note to go back. However, our week has been so packed with activity that I forgot all about it until I was reminded by Delphine's post and made a our of the moment decision to whisk both kids down for the 5pm show on Thursday. 

I'm glad I did, because it was great! And definitely better when you're actually a part of the audience. It is targeted at kids aged 1-4, and is really one for the little ones, with a very simple storyline, very little dialogue, and lots of action. Yet, it is entertaining enough that the adults would enjoy it too. I also like that the children really get up and personal with the action, and are invited to participate at certain sections too.

Cat1My baby on my lap, paying rapt attention. She got a little scared at some points when it got exciting, but sat through the whole thing, which I was glad for. And towards the end, she was pointing out the actor who was the Cat and saying "Cat!"

Cat2Dog in one of the earlier segments.

Cat3Cat meets sprinkler!

Cat4Intently watching the show, which was performed along that beige coloured "path" that you can see just beside Noey.

Cat5The cast read a copy of the book at the end of the play.

Cat6My two little tikes enjoying it.

Cat is on at Forum Galleria till this Sunday, 9 Dec 2012. There are two shows a day, at 1pm and 5pm, and show passes are given out 30 mins before showtime. Do check it out if you can!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...