Powered by Blog - Widget


Saturday, February 23, 2013

Dessert: Chocolate Mousse

Naomi's birthday is next Saturday. Tick tock.

The venue has been booked and the invites sent but I've been dragging my feet about everything else! This week is when I really need to get cracking.

I'm toying with the idea of putting together a mini dessert table for the kids and one of the recipes I'm considering is this Dark Chocolate Mousse.

Mousse1

This was one of the recipes I learnt at a cooking class at ToTT and it really was as straight-forward as it was touted, though you do need to set aside time to let it set. It was yummy, and the kids? They loved it.

Mousse3

Dark Chocolate Mousse (by Chef Philppe Nouzillat of Taratata Bistrot)

Ingredients:

340g Dark Chocolate (70%), chopped
160ml Milk
2 Egg Yolks
8 Egg Whites
2 tablespoons Caster Sugar

Method:

1. Melt the chocolate over bain-marie (ie. in a bowl placed over a pot of boiling water). At the same time, warm your milk over the stove.

2. When the chocolate has melted, remove from stove and add milk and egg yolks. Stir to combine.

3. Whisk the egg whites and sugar together until stiff peaks form, then fold into chocolate carefully.

4. Transfer to storage, then chill till set. (Best to chill overnight.)

5. Serve and enjoy!

I made mine in little cups and decorated them on a whim with strawberry wedges, because I had them on hand, and also because there is just something about strawberries and chocolate isn't there?

Mousse2

Linking up with:

 

8 comments:

  1. Yum looks tasty! Unfortunately I suck at baking.. maybe I can try to convince my mum-in-law to try it out when we get a new oven =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a no-bake dessert so you don't have to wait for a new oven! It's really not too hard -- try it! :)

      Delete
  2. Looks yummy! Excited about the upcoming party. What's the theme?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Charlie & Lola! :) I've been quite lazy about this party really. Hope I can get something together in time!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous24/2/13 20:10

    Hi! Can i know how many servings does your above portion make? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, I just realised that it's not stated on the recipe! But I would estimate the portion to be for 6-8 pax.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous11/3/13 23:02

    Hey! May I know where you got these little cups from? :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...