Powered by Blog - Widget


Friday, March 01, 2013

My Almost 2-Year Old and The Things She Says

Naomi is at that precious age right now where everything she says and does is incredibly cute.
She's a real chatterbox, this one, and here are some gems she's come up with lately.

#1 When she and Noey were arguing, both insisting that they were "the boss":
"I the saur-saur T-rex boss!"
I thought she won.

#2 When I accidentally flicked the switch for the socket with my elbow:
"It's dangerous. You cannot touch that, ok Mummy?" (complete with stern look)
Yes my little 1-year-old going on 10!

#3 When I pulled out a tissue to wipe up a spill on the table:
"Don't waste tissue, Mummy."
This she learnt from Grandma. And she even got the tone right, which made me laugh.

#4 When I asked her what she wanted to pray for, just a couple of nights ago:
"Thank you God for Papa. And for the tomato, and the cheese, and the jelly…"
She named another 5 or so items before she ended. I was so tickled and told myself to write it all down but alas, I fell asleep with the kids that night and couldn't remember the exact foods she named. It was her first prayer too!

Now everyday she fights to be the first to volunteer her prayer - "I go first!" - and her favourite lines are still "Thank you God for Papa, and Mummy and Gor-gor. And thank you God for the food." At least she's got her priorities straight!

Tomorrow, she turns TWO. She can't wait.
"Tomorrow is my birthday and tomorrow is my party. I am two-years old dee (already)".
Yes, tomorrow is your birthday and your party. But today let me still hold my little one-year-old as I put you to sleep. You can be two tomorrow. Even then, you'll always be my baby.

Happy birthday Naomi sweetheart. We love you dearly.

Still1

18 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Naomi! :D

    Definitely an awesome age for lots of laughters! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mabel! I do love this age too!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday Naomi! That is such a cute pic! And her fascination with food makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MamaJ! She's my little foodie. Definitely a welcome change from not-interested-in-food-Noey!

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday Lil Naomi!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra! She's getting to be not so little anymore. Sigh!

      Delete
  4. Two! Wow! Happy birthday little big girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little big girl indeed! Thanks Adora!

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday, Naomi!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Weiz! She had a great birthday :)

      Delete
  6. Blessed 2nd Birthday to the cutest Naomi! :) You're such a darling...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks A! Two is really a cute age. Well, tantrums aside!

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday Naomi! Hee, love the pic, matching father-daughter smiles! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bmuse! Yes, they are my lookalikes!

      Delete
  8. So sweet, blessed birthday Naomi! Now the real life begins at 2. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks June! Real life for me or Naomi? :P The difficult part certainly begins now!

      Delete
  9. Happy birthday Naomi!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...