Powered by Blog - Widget


Monday, July 08, 2013

Building Fun with Citiblocs

Here's something I wish I was able to bring with me on holiday: Citiblocs.

Citiblocs4

My kids and I were introduced to Citiblocs by Pamela from My First Games, and I was immediately drawn to them because it is a toy offers boundless scope for creative play. Just the type of toy I love to buy for the kids. There are plenty of toys that have just one function, but I dare say it's the toys that you can make into anything that you want that grow with you and that you will keep coming back to.

(I guess it figures, since we're such huge Lego fans. And by "we", I really do mean the husband and son, they who love the endless possibilities that come with a set of Lego bricks. Only to be enhanced by another set, they'd say.)

While I'm not as big on the little plastic bricks, I do like the fact that when playing with them, you are only limited by your imagination. It's the same with Citiblocs, and I do have a soft spot for wooden toys!

So what are Citiblocs, you ask?

These are high quality wooden blocks with the unique feature that every single piece is precision-cut to exactly the same shape and size. It is the fact that all the blocks are of an identical shape, size and weight that allows them to be stacked and balanced easily. Building is simple since it requires no glue, snaps connectors or magnets -- just gravity, balance and a good dose of imagination.

I like to think that these blocks train hand-eye coordination as it does take steady hands to be able to create some of structures.

Citiblocs2

While Citiblocs is recommended for children over the age of 3, Meips was certainly able to get in on the action. "I'm building Jenga!" she said importantly as she went about her task.

Citiblocs6

If you, unlike Meips, are not sure what to build, there's a handy little ideas book in the box to help you get started. But once you get the hang of it, it's easy coming up with structures of your own.

Citiblocs7

Even if all you want to build are versions of tracks, like Noey. The beauty of these blocks is that that's exactly what you're meant to do with them -- have fun building whatever you desire.

Citiblocs3

Citiblocs9

* My First Games is the exclusive distributor for Citiblocs in Singapore. You can browse their entire selection on their website here

* We received one 50-block set of Citiblocs for the purposes of this review. All the fun we had, and the opinions expressed in this post however, are our own. And as you can see, the blocks were a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...