Powered by Blog - Widget


Friday, March 21, 2014

Disney On Ice Presents Treasure Trove 2014

I've said it before and I'll say it again: nobody does magic like Disney magic.

Disney On Ice presents Treasure Trove was to be one of the highlights of our school holiday break and after attending the show on opening night on Wed, I'm glad to say it lived up to expectations.

This is our second Disney On Ice performance after having attended last year's Princesses and Heroes show, so I did wonder how different it would be. I realised I had naively forgotten about the depth and variety of stories Disney has in its collection.

The show started with the colourful toys from Toy Story then moved on to segments from Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan. The latter two featured the re-enactment of scenes from the stories which had the kids riveted as these were stories they were familiar with. Performed with energetic flair, I honestly marvelled at the ease with which the performers moved on the ice. It was beautiful to watch. "They are ice-skating, like us!" declared Meips excited when they started the show. Err, no dear, not quite like us, my dear.

TreasureTrove1

TreasureTrove3

TreasureTrove2

TreasureTrove4

TreasureTrove5

TreasureTrove6

tTreasureTrove7

It was only after the intermission that any princesses made their appearance. Though not before a pretty spectacular segment from The Lion King, which I particularly enjoyed. It was at that point that I realised how long it has been since I've watched the film and made an immediate note to introduce it to the children. There was a quick re-telling of the tale with what I thought to be some really gorgeous and effective depictions of the animals in the shape of flags riding on the backs of the performers. Watching it made me remember how much I enjoyed The Lion King and why it is such a family favourite. 

TreasureTrove8

TreasureTrove9

Then it was time for the princesses. Short segments from the different movies from Snow White, Aladdin, and The Little Mermaid to The Frog Prince and Tangled. This was definitely Meips' favourite part. You could feel her excitement rise when the dwarves skated on stage. She was enthralled with Princess Jasmine and the flying carpet, and when she spotted Cinderella in the finale, she positively squealed in excitement.

TreasureTrove10 

TreasureTrove11

TreasureTrove12

TreasureTrove13

TreasureTrove14

TreasureTrove15

TreasureTrove16

TreasureTrove18

TreasureTrove17

I really liked that this year's line-up provided a little something for everyone, both girls and boys. The kids went home happy and the next morning, I found they had dug out their books on Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland to re-read the stories -- and question me on why certain portions were not featured on Disney on Ice. I'd say they enjoyed themselves. I know I certainly did.

TreasureTrove19

Disney On Ice: Treasure Trove will be in town for 11 performances from 19 March to 23 March 2014, with shows are at 3.30pm and 7.30pm on weekdays and 11.30am, 3.30pm, and 7.30pm on weekends. Tickets can be purchased by the following means:

  • Online: www.sportshubtix.sg
  • Tickets Hotline: +65 6333 5000
  • Sports Hub Tickets Box Office
  • Sports Hub Ticket Outlets at all Singpost locations

* We received complimentary tickets to the show for the purposes of this review. All opinions, as always, remain strictly our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...