Powered by Blog - Widget


Friday, May 09, 2014

Doing the Tarzan Thing at Forest Adventure

I think the first time I got to try out a rope course was probably at Outward Bound School during my secondary school days. Noey on the other hand got the chance to pretend to be Tarzan last weekend at the ripe ol' age of 5 (and a half) when he attended his friend's birthday party at Forest Adventure.

(Kids birthday parties are so awesome these days, aren't they??)

Forest Adventure has been on my radar for a while so I was very excited to have the opportunity to check it out. This is a tree top adventure course situated inside Bedok Reservoir Park and comprise of a Grand Course for adults and a Kids Course for children. The Kids Course, which we were there to attempt that day is specially designed for children aged 5 to 10 years and has a minimum height requirement of 1.1m. It has 16 crossings and finishes off with a zip line (which was everyone's favourite part!).

Forest Adventure1

When Noey first got the invite to the party, I thought he might be a bit a bit nervous about participating, so I showed him some pictures which I found on the website to familiarise him with what was expected. He seemed eager and unfazed, which I took to be a good sign.  

He arrived at Forrest Adventure in high spirits and he and his friends all quickly got in line to get strapped up before they set off. Each kid got a harness and a helmet, and they were shown how the attach themselves to the safety line. And with that, they were off! I was a bit taken aback since I thought there would be more of a safety briefing, but I guess they were securely attached to the lines and there were instructors up the trees who were ready to help out where necessary, so they were pretty safe.

Forest Adventure2

Forest Adventure3

It was a bit scary for me to see him up up there on his own, about 3m off the ground, and I was definitely waiting for him to freeze up or panic, but whaddya know? He totally relished it! Guess it helps that he doesn't have Mummy's fear of heights. Instead, he gamely progressed through each stage, and waited patiently behind some of his friends at times when he was held up. The obstacles were not always easy and there were some which were suspended, so they were wobbly and it did freak some of the kids out. I was really proud of my little adventurer!

Forest Adventure4

Forest Adventure5

Forest Adventure6

Forest Adventure7

Forest Adventure8

Forest Adventure9

Forest Adventure10

Forest Adventure11

Forest Adventure12

After al the climbing and crossing, the zipline at the end was a sweet reward.

He enjoyed the zipline experience so much that he went up again for a repeat round just so he could come down again. 

Forest Adventure13Satisfied smile upon completing the course!

Forest Adventure14He got a certificate of achievement for completing, which I thought was a nice touch.

It as a really great experience and I think I might have to bring him again some time, and maybe I'll attempt the Grand Course myself? We'll have to see about that! 

Forest Adventure
825 Bedok Reservoir Road (inside Bedok Reservoir Park)
Singapore 479244
Tel: 8100 7420 (general information and individual bookings) | 81007421 (corporate and school groups)
Web: www.forestadventure.com.sg

Rates: Forest-Adventure-Rates-May-2014 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...