Powered by Blog - Widget


Friday, May 30, 2014

Looking Spiffy with FOX Kids and Baby

I don't consider myself much of a shopper.

(Ok husband, you can quit rolling your eyes now.)

Seriously, I don't buy many things except for groceries, books, and erm, maybe many random frivolous items for my ever-growing craft stash. But kids' clothes are a different matter. I admit I have a weakness for buying kiddy clothing for my kids. For one thing, it's so cute! Have you seen the options that they have available these days, especially for little girls? I don't know how many times I've picked up an item and wished that it came in my size.

I shop a lot for the kids online, but when I buy clothes for the kids in-store, one of the stores I've come to rely on over the years is FOX Kids & Baby. Here's why:

FoxKids1

1. Attractive clothing for both boys and girls

Anyone who tries to shop for their sons will know that girls get 10 times the number of choices that boys do. There are more shops catering just to girls and the selections for girls are much wider. At FOX, I am able to pick up clothes for both my son and my daughter in the same store. The boys also get a more than decent selection of tees, shirts, berms and jeans. The girls have more clothes to choose from, naturally, but there was enough for my son to be pleased with (think tees with images of trucks and bikes and cute-but-not-too-cute prints) and which still met Mummy's taste test.

FoxKids4

 

As for little girls, there are dresses, shirt dresses, tops, shorts, skirts, and leggings galore! My little girl was gleefully picking out her own outfits. She came running up to me with the top she is wearing in the picture below, excited because "it's Rapunzel!" she said. Of course it had to go into the bag, it looked super cute with the heart-print jeans shorts, don't you think? 

FoxKids7

FoxKids3

2. Good selection of basics. 

Never underestimate the value of good basics. Plain shorts, and leggings and tees in simple basic designs that are comfortable and go with everything are very useful. I buy them in different colours! FOX has a good selection and I like the quality.

FoxKids8

 

3. Reasonable prices.

Reasonable prices are always a plus, especially when you're shopping for fast-growing kids. FOX scores in this regard, with a good prices made even better by regular promotions. Better yet, when you spend a minimum of $80 at FOX in a single receipt, you can sign up for FOX-C membership, which will entitle you to accumulate points for your purchases. These points can be redeemed for vouchers to offset your next bill. Every $1 gives you 1 point, and 150 points can be redeemed for $10 while 250 points can be redeemed for $30. What's more, you can enjoy a whopping 25% discount in your birthday month. May is my birthday month and I was super pleased with the bargains I was getting with the birthday month discount.

FoxKids2

FoxKids9 

4. Availability of licenced characters in cute designs.

Ah, special mention has to be made of the cute characters which won my daughter's heart. The moment she walked into the store and saw Hello Kitty, her eyes lit up. Of course one or two (or more) Hello Kitty items made their way into our basket. I admit that I don't really like such licensed characters but the kids definitely do, and the designs at FOX are way nicer than the ones their grandmothers happily ply them with, which are bought from markets and void deck shops. (Those I confine to the home and try to bury when the kids are not looking!) They had little Mr Men series tees which I thought were really cute and am eyeing for my soon-to-be-born new nephew!

FoxKids6

FoxKids11

5. Clothes and accessories for every age and every season.

Swimsuits, hats, shoes and slippers, hair accessories, costume jewellery, sunglasses… You name it, they have it. Better yet they have clothes from 3 months right up to 14 years so you can carry on shopping at the same store for some time to come! That makes it a very convenient one-stop shop. Too convenient in fact. As I was purchasing items to top up the kids' wardrobes recently, my little girl kept running up with items she was merrily picking off the accessories rack as I was paying. She did manage to score a hairband that way!

FoxKids5

FoxKids10

FoxKids13

FoxKids12

6. Fun events for members.

More than just clothing, FOX also has fun events for members, like the upcoming Ice Cream Making Workshop, which will be happening on 8 June 2014! A slot is just 150 Fox-C points + $15 for a parent and child. I hear there are limited slots left so sign up quickly if you're interested! I know my kids would have loved to attend this, but Sunday is out for us. You can be sure I'll be keeping an eye out for this the next time it rolls around!

FoxEvent

After that long list, I have to say that the the main reason that I go back to FOX is that that the kids like the clothes. I've had many hits and very few misses. Also, although I am an avid online shopper, there's nothing like being able to touch the material and ascertain if it is too thin or uncomfortable. And let my daughter experience the joy of the changing room! (She loves it, save when I want to change her out of the new clothes that she HAS TO WEAR IMMEDIATELY.)

We are all shopped out for the Summer season! Thanks FOX for the great shopping experience and for keeping us looking spiffy!

FoxKids14

* As I mentioned previously, we are privileged to have FOX Kids and Baby is our clothing sponsor for this period, and the clothes pictured are part of the all-new Summer season at FOX Kids! All opinions remain my own. All the smiles? Courtesy of my two tikes and FOX!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, that last pic is so sweet! I love seeing pics of the two of them! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Summer! They are sweet when they're cooperative! Haha.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...