Powered by Blog - Widget


Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day, Awesome Dads!

Is it just me or does Father's Day seem more low-key than Mother's Day? It is a pity, because it seems to suggest that Mums are more valued than Dads.

But that really shouldn't be the case, because Daddies are important. They matter. And we sure do need them as much as we need our Mums. 

Well, this year, I decided that I couldn't let Father's Day go without celebrating some of the awesome Dads that I know so I roped in some of my Mummy friends to help with a little Instagram tribute on @foxfashionsg. I asked them to contribute a picture corresponding to the photo prompt: "My Dad is an Awesome ______________." My amazing friends responded so well that I had more pictures than I was able to use. So I've decided to post the full list here instead. Here are our (or rather our kids') awesome Dads:

AwesomeDads3

@missustay: My Dad is an Awesome Hugger!

@scissorspaperstoneblog: My Dad is an Awesome Encourager. 

@fanyin_ih: My Dad is an Awesome Sandcastle-Builder.

AwesomeDads4

@olimomok: My Dad is an Awesome Superhero Dad!

@mummydelphine: My Dad is an Awesome Multi-tasker.

@mylollipopdays: My Dad is an Awesome Buddy.

 

AwesomeDads6

@p2me1a: My Dad is an Awesome Storyteller.

@littlebluebottle: My Dad is an Awesome Acrobat!

@adollopofme: My Dad is an Awesome Car Washer

AwesomeDads7

@aisakuraharuka: My Dad is an Awesome source of Support.

@susankoh: My Dad is an Awesome Ice-Cream Eating Companion!

@dottiedotz: My Dad is an Awesome Art Teacher.

AwesomeDads8

@june_yong: My Dad is an Awesome Troubleshooter.

(There, I really felt like putting exclamations at the end of every one of those but felt it might be a bit much.)

And then there's our own Dad, the Daddy who is the an awesome Lego-builder (and supplier) and an awesome dance partner, who is the best playmate, tells the best stories, makes his children laugh with wild abandon. The one who is always up for a tickling match, reads countless books, and lets his children rummage through his awesome Lego collection (under highly supervised conditions). The one who is the firm disciplinarian, who leads family worship, who is the head of our house. the one who points us to Christ.

We had a rather low-key (yes, gasp, I did say low-key) Father's Day celebration as the husband strongly requested that I not make a big song and dance of it. So there were Father's Day greetings, and there was Nando's for lunch and his favourite Chicken Macaroni for dinner. He got to take a nice long uninterrupted nap and otherwise spent the whole day doing lots of fathering. It was just what he wanted.

(If your Dad is less low-key than ours, and if you're looking for ideas to celebrate Father's Day, here are some suggestions. In fact, you don't have to use them only on Father's Day -- use them to celebrate your Dad any day!)

AwesomeDads2

Happy Father's Day to all you awesome Dads! We are blessed to have you.

Dad

4 comments:

  1. Aww love this whole set of photos :) Happy Father's Day to all the dear daddies!

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ai, and thanks for contributing!

      Delete
  2. What a great tribute to dads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! Just a small gesture to recognise all the wonderful daddies in our midst. Thanks for contributing!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...