Powered by Blog - Widget


Saturday, June 14, 2014

Dressed for World Cup Fever!

After 4 years, it's finally upon us again.

I'm talking about the World Cup, only the greatest spectacle there is.

If you didn't know, I love me my football. I leave the EPL to the husband, but when it comes to the World Cup and Euro, you'll find me up with the boys, following the action, dissecting tactics, cheering the goals, and (ahem) yelling at the referee.

The best World Cup in my opinion was South Korea-Japan 2002 because I got to watch every single match. Those were the days when my colleagues and I would hop out to a bar (we conveniently worked near Boat Quay) and spend the afternoon and do all the following, dissecting, cheering and yelling over beers. THAT was how a tournament was to be enjoyed.

This year, I have no colleagues. The matches are in the dead of the night. I have no beer. Yet.

BUT. 

I HAVE SHIRTS.

FoxWorldCup1

FOX Kids & Baby have issued a series of Men's and Kids' world cup tees and they are so cute I had to grab a set for the whole family. Everyone got to pick their own, and not surprisingly everyone picked a different team:

The husband plumped for Brazil, always one of his favourites and with home ground advantage, the five-time cup holders look a good bet.

The daughter picked Spain because (in her own words) "I like red." Well, it was a good choice to make! The defending champions are still tipped by many to retain the cup and their passing game is second to none. Xavi and Iniesta's midfield magic are a joy to behold. I've always had a soft spot for Spain because of Raul and Fernando Torres, though I've been banned from mentioning the latter by the husband. Go Spain! (Edit: After last night's thrashing by The Netherlands, I don't know how long Meips will be wearing her shirt for!)

The son picked Argentina to Daddy's approval. Yes, my husband likes South American teams, and I think all of us are dying to see Messi set the World Cup alight. Maradona provided a good deal of entertainment during the last world cup but I think we would like to see the entertainment not the pitch please! Will they finally step up as title contenders? We'll have to see.

And I picked...

FoxWorldCup3

Italy. Which if you know me, should come as no surprise since I've been supporting Italy like, forever. I was honestly undecided this time round since I haven't been following the Italian team since Carnvarro retired, and because Joachim Loew's German squad has won me over with their swashbuckling play in the previous few tournaments.

"Who's in the Italian team this year?" I asked the husband not too long ago.

"Balotelli," he said wryly, "though he isn't really why you usually support the Italian team…"

That may be true, but it's hard to fight tradition. Besides, there are 22 other members of the squad, aren't there?

World Cup, here we go!

FoxWorldCup2

* The FOX World cup tees are retailing at all FOX Kids & Baby outlets. Kids tees retail at $19.90 each or $35 for two. Men's tees retail at $29.90. There are no women's tees but I got a kids' size 14 for myself! Hee. Besides the four designs we got, they've also got Germany, England and France.

4 comments:

  1. Love the tees! Any idea when they'll be in stores till? Hoping to get some when we're back in SG at the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Adeline, I'm not sure! I'll ask! Or let me know what you want and I can buy them for you first!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the offer! I still don't know what I want yet, to be honest, just that I know I want to go and check it out, and perhaps get some for Noah and my nephews. And myself. And the husband. Heh. I'll go check out the stores when we get back!

      Delete
    3. No worries - just let me know if you need help with anything!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...