Powered by Blog - Widget


Friday, July 06, 2007

Remembering the Rockies

Ever since he got a new lappie a week ago, DD's been really hooked to it. Which leaves me in the unusual position of having a lot of time with mine :)

I haven't been blogging much, because I have been messing about with some old pics. Yabbering away with my bro recently on his holiday in the Rockies reminded me so much of my trip that I went to dig out some of the pics from that trip to reminisce. I'd visited Banff and Jasper and their surrounds as part of an extension of a company trip. Unfortunately DD was unable to find enough leave to join me so I tagged along with my colleague and his wife and baby. I felt a little bad about intruding on them, but they were really nice about it, and glad to have an additional babysitter on call!

What do I remember? Spectacular scenery, lots of treking, slipping and falling through snow, and exciting encounters with wildlife. Unfortunately we saw no bears, much to our disappointment. It ain't the Rockies without mountains so there were lots of that too, and glaciers and waterfalls, so much so that we developed fatigue after a while. These pics don't really do the place justice but maybe they'll give you an idea of the


Banff & Jasper
(click for more pics)

4 comments:

  1. OH!!!!
    darn... now i'm dying to go there again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, i knew you would feel that way! i want to go again too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. domestic rat11/7/07 16:58

    Wow! Those pictures are like postcards we grab from souvenir shops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's just really pretty - even with my mediocre skills, i really just had to point and snap :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...