Powered by Blog - Widget


Monday, February 18, 2008

My Valentine's Chef

I think if not for the proliferation of folks traipsing about in Orchard on Thursday, we would have completely forgotten that Thursday was Valentine's Day. I think with the excitement of CNY and our recent trip, Valentine's Day has just come upon us all too soon.

We don't usually do much during Valentine's, us being old fogeys and all. But we do like to take some time out to celebrate, whatever the occasion :) And this Valentine's, DD gamely offered to cook our dinner. I happily accepted, as long as he promised not to make his "speciality" of bland fried rice!

He spent the afternoon researching recipes before he came up with the perfect one, which apparently only had 3 steps along the lines of (1) making the marinate; (2) coating the meat; and (3) frying up the meat. Haha. Anyway, he was really earnest about the whole thing and profusely apologetic about how it might turn out badly. I was sure he could all it off though. Plus, can I just say how amazing it was to just sit around, surf the net, and watch TV and have your meal prepared and ready for you? I haven't had that in a while! Of course, I took the opportunity to take some pics!

Intently studying his recipe

Coating the pork loin...

... and laying it out to marinate!

Frying up the accompanying potatoes

Sizzling up the pork

Voila! Dinner is served!

The very pleased chef!


I enjoyed dinner very much. DD in return got a card from me (a funny one from Edward Monkton that I thought was apt for our kooky humour) - the first I've given him in a while. It was Valentine's Day our way - no frills, just us.

8 comments:

  1. the nicest way to spend Valentine's!

    ooh. that pork loin looks really delish. he's really chalking up brownie points aye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with imp - the nicest way to spend Vday - being pampered by the guy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous19/2/08 12:44

    yes yes, nothing beats a homecooked meal, and by the man! it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous19/2/08 13:37

    Sounds like a lovely evening to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks yummy too the food! sweet loving v-day! =p

    ReplyDelete
  6. V day was usual as a normal day for me. Being so heavy and clumsy now, I can hardly have the energy to do anything romantic. Just want to snuggle at home and rest! Anyway it was really sweet of you two to have homecook food.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally agreed, the best way to spend valentine's! We had wanted to do some homecooking too, except that we always end up working late.

    That's a load of brownie points for DD! :)

    PS: Just wondering how come your soya sauce is next to washing detergent?

    ReplyDelete
  8. imp >> i enjoyed the pork, maybe more so from not having to cook it! yes, he is chalking them up!

    lilsnooze >> that's the point of V day! Haha.

    yuling >> your man is quite the chef! this was a first was me, and i thought it was a great! now to encourage more such evenings...

    olimomok >> simple homey pleasures :)

    elaine >> thanks!

    mff >> guess things are more difficult for you these days - rest well! V day is no biggie for us generally, but it was fun that he made the effort.

    jemej >> HAHA - I was throwing out that bottle of soya sauce! I stuck it in a corner out of the way of DD's prep and later junked it with the whole bag of trash from the kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...