Powered by Blog - Widget


Monday, February 25, 2008

Not-So-Ubiquitous After All

On a day when I really felt like having chicken marcaroni for dinner, I found myself possibly the only food court with no chicken rice stall.

I'd trooped over to Marina Square to collect my supply of contact lenses from my optician, and while heading out, I decided on a whim that it would be chicken marcaroni for dinner. I was ina comfort food kind of mood. So I figured I'd just head to the food court and grab a bowl from the food court.

It certainly didn't occur to be that there may not be a chicken rice stall. I mean, is that even possible? I found myself browsing past the curry chicken stall, the fried chicken stall, the roast meats stall, and even an ayam penyet stall. But no chicken rice. And certainly no chicken marcaroni. After making 3 rounds squinting at the stalls I gave up and decided to head on home instead.

Then later while driving past Raffles City, I made a spur of the moment decision to swing in and satisfied myself with a bowl of (admittedly not very good) marcaroni for dinner. Well, at least they had it!

All in all, it wasn't a very satisfying evening.

Thank goodness I had a great dinner companion.

(Yes, I haven't outgrown the habit of eating while reading at the same time!)

6 comments:

  1. Oh, the new book is out!I'm just lookg for smthing non-baby related to read! Ahaha.

    Wow, you certainly go to extents for macaroni soup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes it's out! i didn't even know there was going to be a new book so i was pleasantly surprised to chance on it. honestly wasn't sure if i'd get anor book after shopaholic and baby cos i didn't enjoy that one too much but when i saw it, i couldn't help but buy. haha.

    when i get fixated on what i want to have for a particular meal, i'm generally not satisfied till i get it! oops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh, it is out!!! wow! finally! will go grab it then! thanks for good info! =p

    ReplyDelete
  4. tsk tsk girl.. why didn't you just troop down to Coffee Express 2000 Bras Basah Complex (where all the good things in life are)?? CONFIRM got chicken rice stall :) not sure about macaroni though.. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes her new book is out! I'm sure it'll be good. I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh do post your reviews once you finished the book! I read all her books too and hope this wont disappoint.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...