Powered by Blog - Widget


Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hello, Stove!

Reading Corsage's weekly chef posts and some other food blogs made me realise that, geez, I really missed my own homecooked food. So this past week, I've been itching to come home early in the week to whip up some dinner for the 2 of us.

I wanted to keep it simple, since I was going to have to shop for groceries as well as do the cooking the same night -- the hazards of not cooking regularly and hence having a poorly stocked fridge. But you know that very unhelpful power of suggestion that tends to work its tricks on you as you are walking the aisles in the supermarket? Wanting to add some greens to our meal, I ended up with 2 starters (neither of which were, err, green): Melon and Parma Ham, and Tomatoes with Buffalo Mozzarella. The first cos it's DD's favourite - he can seriously wallop that stuff -- and the second cos I really felt like having it. Sweet tomatoes and soft cheese, with basil and olive oil, salt and pepper. Yums.



For a meal that was relatively quick to put together, it was hugely satisfying, even if I did cook too much for 2 (and a half) again! Ah, kitchen and stove, I've missed you.

Next up would be some Chinese food I think!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, looks really good. Well done.

    Eversince helper came, I've left the chefwork to her (altho only once a week) while I "cook" for Nat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! looks good! hahahahh! =p

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm sure it tastes as good as it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Join the weekly chef club! hehe. Your food looks fantastic btw. I love vongole but never had the guts to try to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are always the talented chef!! I miss cooking too, too busy, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lilsnooze >> heh, only little Nat get mum's special touch! :)

    elanie, michelle >> thanks, i thought the pics weren't great really cos we just wanted to eat! haha.

    corsage >> oh, i love making vongole with white wine cos it can be done super fast! from taking the ingredients out of the bag to serving the food on the table, it takes 30-45 mins? great for last minute dinners. you want my rough recipe? (sorry, i just agak-agak all the way and can't remember the actual recipe!)

    jemej >> no lah, i always only make easy dishes. haha. yeah, i know that too busy feeling...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I want recipe pleeease? :))) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3/8/08 10:10

    that buff mozz and tomato look awesome!! if you like baby spinach and rocket leaves, they're a addition to it. can be a full meal all by itself! u used cherry tomatoes?

    ReplyDelete
  9. corsage>> have e-mailed you. hopefully it's the right address!

    imp >> oh, that's a great idea, thanks! i'll do that hte next time. i used those tomatoes that they sell on the vine? dunno what type of tomatoes exactly but they were really sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8/8/08 15:17

    wow your cooking looks really good!!!! hope u and baby are doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...