Powered by Blog - Widget


Monday, September 01, 2008

Room Improvement

The past weekend has been packed with activity as we scrambled to get our act together on home front. Sitting in our messy living room these past couple of weeks, this was THE WEEK we were waiting for when the new wallpaper would arrive and be installed, our new curtains would be ready and delivered, and we could finally get cupboards and bookshelves in and up and we could PACK.

(I never thought I'd be quite as enthusiastic about packing but the state of our house was really getting to me! I think my neat husband has finally managed to rub off on me a little. Or it could still be the nesting talking.)

Anyway. I was a little nervous about how the wallpaper would turn out -- it's always a little hard extrapolating from a sample in a book how it would look covering a whole room. And then there are the issues of the appropriateness of the colour and print for the intended overall look. DD left the final decision to me (stress!) and now the room is covered in a happy yellow, spotted with cute animal prints. Since we'd chosen the paper, it had faded somewhat in my memory, so I was relieved to find when it was up that I still liked it. Whew!

A close up of the happy new walls, looking a little yellower than the actual colour, this being taken at night.


Happily, everything came on schedule (for baby's room at least) so we got down to putting everything back in with our new storage. Thanks goodness!

So with the new furniture...



... and new companions...



I think we're, well, if not quite ready, at least in a better shape than we were a month ago! We're still got to put together another low cupboard and would need to go look for a desk and drawers - Ikea was not very helpful in that respect unfortunately - but we're almost almost there. I think!

On a separate note, I recently realised that the initials to the names that we have shortlisted for Little Being spell "ZEN". Haha. That's so not how I was feeling just a while back!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/9/08 00:18

    i wanna move in!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Room looks so cheery! Now I wish I had wallpapered nat's room too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2/9/08 13:30

    Heart the wallpaper! I spy pink boxes! Yes to no colour-stereotyping! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks like a really spacious baby room....

    ReplyDelete
  5. ruth >> haha, i don't think you'll want to once you see the rest of my small house!

    lilsnooze >> it was a bit extravagant of us i think :P you can always do it anytime! they are very quick.

    yuling >> we bought those pink boxes we ages ago for our computer CDs -- my fav colour! haha.

    michelle >> it has to double up as our sort of "study" so there has to be more space. i only have 2 rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, what a sweet room :) I'm not sure I'll be up to doing something like that when it comes to my turn! I'm naturally messy too, by the way. I'll like to think it is the creative streak getting in the way. Muahahahaa =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, i'm sure yours would be nicer. i just haven't shown you the other side of the room with the yet to be unpacked boxes and leftover study cabinets. haha. we didn't have a choice about the reno -- we had no more space in our original layout for baby's stuff. the trials of only having 2 rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5/9/08 21:09

    soooo cute! baby ong is very luck ;p Daph

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...