Powered by Blog - Widget


Thursday, April 23, 2009

Date Mate

DD and I had an impromptu date yesterday. He planned to work late and asked me if I wanted to have dinner with him instead of heading back to my parents' place for dinner and to pick Noey as per my usual routine. A quick call to my Mum and I was cleared for dinner. They even volunteered to send Noey back home for me and babysit him till we got back. Ah, got to love my folks.

Since he wanted to go back to the office after the meal, we decided to eat in the area and hit on Bonta after I had a stroke of inspiration (recalling Imp's positive reviews of the place). I was so excited -- we were trying out somewhere new to eat! On a weekday night! My favourite activity pre-baby, in "my previous life" as I like to say.

As it turned out, they were having a 30% dicount on all ala carte menu items and wine by the bottle for their 2nd anniversary celebrations. Perfect.

We had a good dinner though we gave the wines a miss. Oven baked scallops for me, pan fried goose liver for him. Potato and Wild Mushroom soup for me, Seafood soup for him. Wagyu beef tagliatelle for me, Basil infused angel hair with crabmeat for him. All good, and so was the service. DD commented that he enjoyed this meal better than the fancy client lunch he had the same day but I like to think it was the company that made the difference.

It was a treat, to be able to spend some uninterrupted time on good food and good conversation, knowing that Noey was well taken care of at home. Incidentally there was a couple with a baby sitting not too far from us and we were marvelling at how we heard not a squeak from that little bub all evening. That unfortunately would never have been the case if Noey was with us for he would be wriggling all over the place and making his own conversation, but as his loving father told me, that's what makes him him.

Yesterday also marked our 3.5 year wedding anniversary. It's really been a year like no other since Noey's come along. As he takes up so much of our energy and time and love, we've found that we have barely enough time for ourselves, let alone each other. It really takes a concerted effort on our part, each of us, to make time for each other to talk and connect. Too often we're guilty of being at home in the same place but with each of us doing our own thing. It's tough, but we're working on it. We do regular lunch dates and dinner was a nice extra.

By the time we were done, it was getting close to Noey's bedtime and I wanted to be home to put him to sleep. DD also decided to forget about the offce so we headed home and gave dessert a miss. No matter -- I think we'll be coming back.

A pair of terribly pixelated and yellow photos as for the record.



Me: Got to get a shot of my dinner partner!
DD: Your Life Partner!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Im drooling at the mention of those dishes...

    Oh hey, we checked our Bar Bar Black Sheep just on Wed, with Ron. It was a really chill out no frills place. Very near your place. Cheap beer and good food. Schedules allowing, we can meet up there one night,when we have babycare arrangements settled. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's do a dinner trip to Bonta with the gang! Been meaning to try it out one day too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet :) 3 years sure went by fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lilsnooze :: ok! i know where that is -- call me next time!

    amanda :: if we can round up everyon for dinner! ok, let's try after i get back from holiday :)

    daphne :: yup, esp the last 6 months with Noey around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet of him to think up this impromptu date! (And of your parents to be such great support too). Bonta is also on my must-try list too. Seems to get constantly good reviews!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...