Powered by Blog - Widget


Monday, June 01, 2009

Quick Easy Salad



Completely random, but I was particularly pleased with how this salad which I threw together about a week back turned out. Just a really simple combi of butterhead, tomatoes, onions and half an avocado, courtesy of Noey (who had the other half for his dinner). DD is really not a fan of salads so I decided to make a honey mustard dressing -- really the only dressing he likes cos it's not sour -- in a bid to get some approval for my greens.

Mixed 1 part mustard with 2 parts of honey in a base of olive oil, added a couple of dashes of vinaigrette, salt and pepper, and whisked everything together. And whaddya know? It turned out pretty authentic! And more importantly, it received the stamp of approval from the hubs. I think he would have liked it better with bacon bits...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...