Powered by Blog - Widget


Monday, June 01, 2009

Rub a dub dub

DD asked me how I would like to spend Saturday afternoon, it being my birthday weekend. I thought long and hard about what we could do as a family, but in the end, realised what would really be a treat -- to spend some time on my own getting a MASSAGE. Now that I think about it, the last massages I had were the post-natal Malay Jamu ones which were a good 7 months ago!

Tried my luck calling the Spa at House to get my appointment and they actually managed to slot in in a 5.30pm. Yay! I went for the hot stones massage which turned out to be a good idea cos they concentrated on the back, neck and shoulders, which was where I needed the most work done, no thanks to my 8.6kg baby. I did find the hot stones a bit, well, hot though! Still, I happily drifted in and out of sleep as the masseuse worked out all the knots and kinks. Ah, bliss.


The Happy Oil Book. I spent some effort reading and sniffing at the essential oils, only to be told (after I informed them that I was still breastfeeding) that I would not be having any essential oils. Chey.


I love the happy stripey chairs!


A (really partial) view of the room that I. Pity my phone really didn't have a wide enough angle!

Ginger tea and yummy cookies to round it all up!


It was all the more relaxing knowing that Noey was in the good hands of his Papa, who brought him a walk in the Botanics here by while I was getting a much needed rub down.

Now I'm wondering when I can go again!

7 comments:

  1. That is the treat I wish for myself too! Would really love a massage or even take time off to hv a meal/tea with girlfriends, you know, some time away from the little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all mummies deserve a massage now and then! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone loves a massage but I don't really like it.(During a massage, just can't avoid the thigh area as it is the most sensitive part of my leg). Although it really helps to loosen up my mascles when I had no other choices beside calling someone professional to come over to my place to massage for me since they don't charge transportation fees...Anyway, every mom deserves one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 8.6 KG!! WOWWWWWWW. Bean is only 7.6kg. Lol. You must be really strong now! Already I'm having backaches from carrying him. You totally totally deserve the massage!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MG:: It's a little harder to do that where you are I imagine! We must have some girlie time out the next time you're back.

    Lilsnooze :: I think I just needed a break to just do nothing :)

    Lingz :: From all that weight we have to lug around right?

    Serline :: My mum doesn't like massages at the spa either, though she likes to get us to give her a massage. Haha. Ooo, home visits are great!

    Daphne :: Again, next time, we go!

    Michelle :: Actually he was 8.6kg about a month a ago. I imagine he's prob closer to 9kg now. (Yes, I deserve the massage! Haha.)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...