Powered by Blog - Widget


Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Teething Pangs

I have to write Noey's 10th month update (Yes, we've reached 10 already!!!) and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed this time round. Haven't had the time to sort through the photos and get my thoughts together. Partly it's because he's changed so much this month I don't know where to start, but the other reason is that Noey has been MAJORLY TEETHING.

See my pearly whites?



After having no teeth for the longest time, my baby's teeth have decided to play catch-up and he has sprouted 4 teeth in the last 2 weeks. First the bottom right incisor, then the top left incisor (I thought it was funny that his teeth came out in alternate positions and didn't meet!), then the corresponding incisors some time over the course of the past week.

What this translates into of course is bad sleep for all! He's up more frequently at night, the worst being last Sunday night when he was up every hour from 9pm to 7am. I was sooooo tired. Doesn't help that he isn't eating well so I feel somewhat compelled to nurse him when he wakes.

Now that the 4 are more or less out, I'm trying to nip the wakings in the bud by re-training him. Sigh. Let's hope it works.

Need more sleep before I have the inspiration to write!

4 comments:

  1. Lyn kang5/8/09 14:43

    Oh dear! Hadn't realised! Hope it wasn't a work day for u the next morn! His energy level is still v high... Must be age. waking up one time too many in one night renders me into a grouchy wreck the next day, and the bb that caused it is none the worse. Bleah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Narelle wasn't sleeping through the night and drooling excessively. She has a rash under her chin.It's probably "drool rash". Luckily I don't feel tired during the day, maybe of my high metabolism.Hehe... We are going through teething woes right now, hang in there. It will all be over soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dear! Hang in there. Looks like sleep deprivation happens too frequently for mummies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lyn :: yeah, repeated wakings and they're none the worse for wear! then again they do get to go back to sleep earlier than we do.

    serline :: i guess all mummies have to suffer through this!

    corsage :: yes, soon your turn!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...