Powered by Blog - Widget


Saturday, October 10, 2009

Clingy Koala



Poor Noey has been down with a fever the past 2 days, as an after-effect of the pneumoccocal vax shot he had on Wednesday evening. As a result, he's been very clingy to me, crying at every slightest thing. On top of that, his already poor appetite which had shown some signs of improving after another of his teeth finally emerged (the bottom right lateral incisor) has nosedived, to this Mummy's despair. He ate half his usual breakfast, none of his lunch, and just a few spoonfuls for dinner on both days. My attempts to entice him with his favourite foods - yoghurt, bread, banana - have been met with only moderate success. He was only very enthusiastic about Baby Bites. I wonder what they put in that thing -- the kids loves it so much! Instead of eating, all he's wanted to do is NURSE. On the one hand I'm glad I'm able to give that to him, but on the other hand, it's been really tiring. I was in fact planning on weaning him off the breast, not having him spend more time on it.

Thankfully the fever finally broke yesterday evening and he ate some porridge, though not a whole lot.

Otherwise, it was a straight-forward visit to the Paed for him. On his last routine check-up at 6 months, she had jokingly told Noey that she wanted to see him walking into the clinic for his 12-month checkup, so he did just that. We had a good chat about him meeting his milestones -- no problems there, by and large -- and his milk intake (or lack thereof). Our friend is supposed to be taking at minimum 500ml a day and sometimes I wonder if he's getting anywhere close to that, especially when I'm at work. Guess we'll all have to work harder at getting him to take the bottle. I take comfort in the fact that he's actually growing well, weighing in at 9.85kg (between 50-75th percentile) and is 79cm tall (90th percentile). He definitely didn't get the tall genes from me!

Now that Noey's better, I'm down with a runny nose that's really irritating me, so I guess I'll call it a night. Tah!

6 comments:

  1. Oh poor Noey looks a little forlorn here! Get well soon, you both!

    Wow, 90th percentile. No wonder Raeann looks SO SHORT next to him! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh, they tend to be more clingy to mummy when they are down. :) Makes it heartwarming and tiring at the same time. Heh.

    Glad to know Noey is ok. Hope his appetite will come back up. AFter his illness, Nat is eating more (yay!) and even meat (YAY YAY!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well soon Noey and Mummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor dear. hmm... wonder if I should do the pneuno jab when she's 2 yrs instead...

    Noey's latest photo looks so different from the profile pix! how they grow...

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my.. do take care dear! weather's been a little crazy with the rain and the heat as well..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yuling :: Raeann's a girl, petite is cute! :)

    Lilsnooze :: Yes, it's Mummy and mummy only! His appetite only seemed to pick up a bit today - I think it's because one of his teeth has finally pushed through. I seriously hate teething!

    Amanda :: Thanks dear. He's better but I'm not quite!

    Lyndis :: Yah, I was wondering the same thing myself. But I think 12 this is a good time cos they may be going out more/interacting with others/going for playgroup so it's better to get it out of the way. My colleague said the booster 2 months later wasn't as bad -- I sure hope so!

    Limgz :: Thanks, yah, the crazy weather hasn't been helping!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...