Powered by Blog - Widget


Monday, October 12, 2009

Mornings

There are some mornings when I am happy to be off to work. This morning was one of those mornings.

After caring for a whiny baby for 2-3 days, spending an inordinate amount of time and effort trying to get him to just EAT SOMETHING other than plain bread for much of the weekend and then being kicked repeatedly in the early morning while trying to nurse/coax him back to sleep (this boy just loves using me as a human bolster, I swear), I was not as reluctant as I usually am to be heading to the office for the day. I knew I wasn't going to be very busy and I had a good lunch date to look forward to. Plus I was going to be able to carry my new bag.

But there are some mornings, when I roll over to be awakened by a little cherub merrily grinning at me and making impossible cute "ooo!"s and "aaah!"s and "ber!"s and "wahwahwah!"s as he tries to engage me in my bleary eyed state. Mornings when he'd throw himself at me and bestow smiles and kisses to all and sundry. Mornings where we just laze and roll and flop around. Mornings that make you look forward to the day ahead, your day ahead together.








Yes, Noey LOVES Papa's Blackberry, especially when it's spewing tunes for him.


Motherhood brings both kinds of days, and many others in between. There are days when I really need a break from all the mummy-ing and I've been blessed to have help ready to step in to take over sometimes. (Even then I made many calls home throughout the day to find out if he ate/slept well and whether the diarrhoea he was having over the last few days had cleared.) And at the end of the day, I was still glad to come home and cuddle his little warm body to sleep.

And tomorrow, tomorrow a fresh morning will bring.

4 comments:

  1. His signature grin is back now that he has recovered. hate those vaccinations but they are necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love his "bedhead". Lol. So nice to wake up to kisses. Mine smacks my face to wake me up

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwwwwwwwww totally and utterly my sentiments EXACTLY :)

    love the pictures!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks very sweet and endearing in the photos.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...