Powered by Blog - Widget


Saturday, March 27, 2010

Thank You

When I first started blogging, one of the things I did not expect was to make friends online, with people whom I have never met, and would otherwise not have ever met.

When I started, writing, I wrote for me and also for DD, who was my biggest fan, and still is. It was meant as a record for the both of us of the little events of daily life which would otherwise slip my terrible memory. But along the way, through writing, commenting and blog-hopping my way through the blogosphere, I met many lovely girls (and the odd guy here and there) whom I have gotten to know on a level that I never would have but for this blog and theirs. My "virtual friends", as my sister, who teased me mercilessly about this used to call them.

Along the way, other friends and family have also come to know of this blog and have used it to keep abreast of what's been going on in our lives, and I daresay, get to know me better.

But as we celebrate moments of joy, and now, suffer moments of sadness, I thank God for you, my "virtual friends", many of you whom I've come to know in real-life (so to speak), for all the love and concern that you've shown to us. The smses, e-mails, comments, gifts, and most of all the prayers have helped a great deal.

We are grieved but we know that the Lord is in control. And that, together with all the support we have received, gives us the strength to move on.

9 comments:

  1. you are in our thoughts and prayers dear friend. And I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous28/3/10 12:15

    Babe, just wanna say that I've enjoyed your writing. I pray that God will continue to walk with you and grant you the strength and peace that you need. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending lots of love and prayers. I think of and pray for you often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pray for God's comfort and peace to be with you each day. *hugs* friend. He has the best planned for each of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I saw you on sat at the bukit timah ntuc :) it's really sweet that ur husband will put his arm around u even while he is carrying your son :) wanted to say hi but was too shy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone, for your love, thoughts and prayers!

    thinkingmama :: haha, that was us! i was a bit frazzled that day cos we were rushing off elsewhere later but i would have loved to say hi :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even if I don't comment as often as I would like, I've been thinking of and praying for you and your family. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Somehow I don't think of you as an 'online' friend but rather a real one :)

    Thanks for sharing your life as openly as you have with all of us - I think you are super! Hope you are feeling better already x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...