Powered by Blog - Widget


Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Turning 2 Together

Happy birthday, little 2-year-olds!

I'd better post these up, cos at the rate I am going, Noey will be 3 before the pics from his 2nd birthday see the light of day!

The first celebration he had was with the October Babies a week before his actual birthday. We moved it up from our standing 1st Oct date as Kate and family were going off to Perth.

One of the reasons why I wanted a bigger home was because I actually love having friends over, so I was glad we were able to host the group this time!

We went pot-luck as usual and it being at our place, we put up a happy birthday banner and my balloon-blower-extraordinaire of a husband helped me with the balloons. DD was a good sport about it though my indecisiveness about balloon placement really drove him a bit batty at one point. Heh. I also printed out the kids' names to add to the wall, though I struggled with photoshop to get it right and in the end, they came out a bit small and I had no time to re-do it. Note to self: Don't ALWAYS leave everything to the last minute.

It was a good call to get some helium balloons though -- they were a huge hit with the kids, especially Noey and Raeann who each took turns to carry them around for a bit. My original idea was to scatter them around but seeing how much fun the kids were having with them, I decided to just leave them in the bunch they came in and let the kids have a go at them.

Balloon wonder.

Still, as is usual when we have such gatherings, everyone came and had a great time. That's the most important thing, isn't it? We carted out some books and Noey's collection of toys (which has grown alarmingly over the past year. I can no longer say he doesn't have many toys!) and despite the preponderance of boy toys, even little Kate and Raeann found stuff to entertain themselves with.

Katie with the magnetic letters, demonstrating her ever readiness to flash a smile on demand

Raeann looking mighty pleased with some newly discovered books!

In any case, Raeann and folks came all tricked out with a bubble gun for some sure fire fun. Even the children downstairs started shouting excitedly when they saw bubbles floating past.


Bubble joy!
I decided to get out the tried and trusty bottles of bubbles to add to the fun.

Bean: See guys, here's the plan. When the bubbles get within striking distance, you open your mouth and eat them!
Noey: Oo, sounds like fun!
Raeann: Eh, I'm not so sure about THAT...

(Bean did in fact go "eat bubbles!", which Noey found so hilariously funny, he kept repeating it. I sure hope neither of them tried to do just that! It was so typically what I branded "male humour". Now you know -- it starts from toddler days and the guy just never grow out of it.)


Noey goes a little cross-eyed with his effort to blow some bubbles. Raeann does not look impressed.

What is a party without cake?


Singing happy birthday! Noey's favourite part. Poor Raeann refused to join in after being suddenly hit with the effects of being nap-less the whole day.

There goes one candle....

... and out goes the other!
Representatives Noey and Kate quickly and efficiently dispatching with the candles.

Noey realises that those are GUMMIES on the cake

Noey: "Step it up folks. Let's get this cake cut and those gummies on my plate pronto!"

The cake -- an ice cream confection from Island Creamery -- turned out to be a huge hit. I had asked the staff for recommendations of flavours and when she said "milo with marshmallows" I knew ping-pong milo was going to be popular. The best part was that the cake wasn't expensive at all! $38 for an 8 inch ice cream cake is a real steal if you ask me.


Present exchange! Now that he knows and recognises each of his friends, I made him seek them out to give them their gifts.

Hugs from Katie!

This is the hug that happened. Later, I think we asked the kids to give hugs to say goodbye and Noey fled into the room, saying "Dowan!!". But when he ran out shortly after, Katie ran up to him and ambushed him with a hug from behind. I wish we caught that on camera!

It was a simple celebration, and yet, one that was enjoyed by everyone there. It's been such a joy to see the kids growing up together, and it's even more fun now that they are starting to play together more. Before the party Noey was terribly excited when we told him that his friends were coming over. "Noey house", Kate said seriously when we sat down to take some photos. And throughout the afternoon, there were the instances of the boys "eating" bubbles together, the girls playing with the balcony gate and Noey pushing Raeann on his Bobby car. I look forward to seeing them really play with each other. Then maybe us parents will have more time to chat! Or maybe not, seeing as both Lyn and I will be juggling new bubs come next year!


Dear lil Dot was the new addition this year.

Finally got a shot with everyone in it! "All the guys are sitting down!" said Noey, who insisted on sitting with Papa on the floor instead of with me. Hrumph.

Everytime I look at these pics, I feel so glad for Noey that he has these friends to grow up with. Let's meet up again soon folks!

1 comment:

  1. I was reading this post with Raeann by my side and she kept pointing to the pictures and naming all four of them. An indication of how well they now know one another! Thanks for being such wonderful hosts! And yes, we'll be back again for more bubble and toy fun! Erm, my husband just got a Lego Star Wars set (bought on Raeann's birthday party date, no less). Now, is that good or bad? :/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...