Powered by Blog - Widget


Monday, November 15, 2010

Wedding Ring, Lost but Found

-- By DD

On Thursday night I realised I lost my wedding ring - I had placed it on my study desk but when I tried to look for it, it couldn't be found. I turned the study upside down looking for it but to no avail. I suspected Noey might have had something to do with it but he was asleep. So I went to bed sad and worried where it might have been.

The next morning Noey woke up and greeted me with a cheerful "papaaaa". I picked him up and asked him gently - "Noey, did you take papa's ring? Do you know where papa's ring went?" He looked at me, thought for a bit, and said "Gone".

My heart sank. I said, "and where did it go to? Where did you put it?" By this time my helper who was nearby (and who had helped me search my entire study including going through the waste paperbasket) had picked up on our conversation and waited to hear what Noey would say.

Noey again paused for a moment, then pointed to the study. I put him down, held his hand and he led me in. Then he said "in the hole" and pointed to the location of the ring.

He had stuck it into the CF card slot of my computer.

What a boy I tell you.

------------------------

Postscript: DD was so relieved about finding his wedding ring, he wrote this post on Friday. I thought it would be a waste not to post it up so here it is! The incident has not stopped Noey from wanting to slot more things into the CF card slot unfortunately. It has however made DD more vigilant about keeping Noey out of the study room.

6 comments:

  1. Hahah! At least he could tell you where he put it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny for D to write a POST about this! It is so cute that Noey paused to remember though, and a good thing he did. I've just told my helper to always do a quick check of the bins around the house before throwing out the trash. I caught Bubbles putting random things into our bins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah at least Noey remembered, even after a night's sleep!

    Kate took her bottle of vitamins and can't tell me where! I get the usual "gone", "lost" and the dunno-to-laugh-or-cry "buy some more"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lilsnooze :: fortunately he could! if not it would have been quite a while before we found it!

    corsage :: i know! i was so surprised when he mailed me this! he was also so thankful that noey remembered where he put the ring that he praised him for remembering. i think i would have been more upset with noey for taking the ring away. and oh yes, we check our bins regularly too.

    lyndis :: we get those answers frequently too! thankfully he actually remembered this time. it'd have been too painful to "buy another one!"

    michelle :: i just can't believe my husband wrote a post about it. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, reminds me of once when we couldn't find one of Ellie's drumsticks and when we asked him where it was, he led us to the oven, where he slotted it into one of the grooves. We had to drag out the entire oven just to recover the drumstick, and found a number of coins and knick knacks too! But must have been much more heart-stopping with a wedding ring!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...