Powered by Blog - Widget


Tuesday, March 08, 2011

First Days

It's been nearly a week since Naomi's arrival and I think we've all settled down nicely. Lil Naomi has -- thus far -- proven to be quite the fuss-free baby. Even in the hospital, the nurses called her a little angel cos she barely cried and was contented to keep snoozing away or looking at things in wide-eyed wonder.


She's continued with that good behaviour at home. In fact, these few days, we barely notice that she's around since she's always sleeping. I realise, looking back that I had described Noey in the early days as being good-natured and easy, but I know now that that's because we didn't have Naomi first. Where Noey was high-strung and jumpy, she's been placcid and calm. I hope this is really a reflection of her nature and character! She's thus far taken all her Gor Gor's noise and man-handling in her stride and can be counted on to drift off to sleep on her own in her cot. How amazing is that.

Nobody bug me please.

The only real difficulty I've been having is waking her to feed. Unlike Noey who was a voracious feeder from the word go, Naomi has been a much daintier drinker. She's no baraccuda baby. For one, she seems to prefer to sleep rather than drink. And when she's asleep, it's impossible to make her open her mouth to take the nipple. Same thing when she's had her fill. All these wouldn't be so bad if my body didn't go into overdrive and start producing substantial amounts of milk from the get-go. I feel guilty complaining about oversupply -- which is really a happy problem -- but seriously, OW. I feel engorged a lot and have been forced to pump a lot more than I thought would be necessary, considering I'm latching her for every feed. After the last feed and in pain, I astonished myself by managing to pump 200ml. And I didn't even drain my breasts entirely for fear that it would stimulate more production.

I REALLY hope my body starts to regulate the supply soon, or Naomi had better pick up her pace!
 
Anyway, about my otherwise well-behaved baby, while I'm hopeful that this would continue, I do recognise that this is probably just symptoms of the initial few weeks. The real test will come when we hit the 3 week growth spurt. Then we will see her true colours!

In the meantime, I am enjoying this calm before the storm. And fully enjoying our little sweetheart.

First smiles. Somehow Papa always gets the best ones. Mummy gets the "I can barely keep my eyes open" look instead most of the time. Hrumph.

12 comments:

  1. Congrats again and she is gorgeous! Glad that the transition has been smooth. She does sound like a dream baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee, the 'Nobody bug me please' pic is hilarious! While Noey looks a lot like you, V, I think Naomi is a mix between Mummy and Daddy! Enjoy the peace while it lasts :)

    PS. We have been meaning to drop by for a visit - Will msg you again ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's gorgeous, your little Naomi! Enjoy your little one. And welcome to the world of little girly cuteness :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's lovely! And looks alot like Noah, or you rather :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shyanyan8/3/11 14:29

    Naomi is SO beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I just say she's look so like your hubby?

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is adorable, I think she looks like Noey!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8/3/11 23:11

    I love the second pic/ caption too :D
    2x the joy if baby is calm-natured!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! What beautiful eyes! She is a sweetie pie...

    ReplyDelete
  10. my other PD told me baby boys usually have very much larger appetites than baby girls. so it's true!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great that yr supply kicked in so early in such abundance! Beth is at her 3rd week growth spurt and feeding every 2 hrs, sometimes sooner so I'm glad my supply is there.

    Enjoy yr little placid darling!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...