Powered by Blog - Widget


Tuesday, January 17, 2012

On Board the Logos Hope

On Boxing Day last year, we took a trip down to Vivocity for lunch and also to check out the Logos Hope.

I had always been intrigued by the vision and mission of the Logos and the Doulos. Growing up as a Christian youth, the idea of doing mission work and carrying out evangelism from port to port with a floating bookshop on deck was undoubtedly appealing. It was never a realistic thing for me to do given my propensity to seasickness, but that never stopped me from dreaming!

I had missed the Doulos' last few visits to Singapore. So when I heard that the Logos Hope was in town, I decided to bring the family down for a visit. On top of supporting a worthwhile cause, I thought boarding a ship would be fun for the kids.

Noey was (unsurprisingly) quite fascinated. Being on a ship that also had a bookshop! What a treat! I noted that the short welcome video at the start did not mention the ship's Christian mission, but it was clear from the selection of books and music. We spent some time browsing through the selection and both Noey and I managed to pick up some books. I also bought some Christmas CDs for, err, next year. I would have liked to take more time to browse but it was getting crowded and I was starting to get a headache, the latter which I put down to the motion of the boat. Not that there was any perceivable motion on the boat though, if you were wondering. Just enough motion for my seasick self to notice! We grabbed the books, walked through the visual display then called it a day. Not before taking some photos though.


I still wonder what it would be like to travel to different exotic places on board to tell and share about Jesus. Maybe it's something Noey and Nomi can think about doing in future.

[This is a bit of an outdated post, but I came across the photos while downloading them from my phone and thought it was worth a note.]

2 comments:

  1. Off topic, but don't we love daddies who wear babies? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @lilsnooze Haha, yes we do, especially when they take them off our hands!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...