Powered by Blog - Widget


Saturday, March 24, 2012

Happy Willow

Another day, another playgym.

I always perk up when I hear of a new playgym. Noey is a big fan which makes me a big fan, especially since he has now finally stopped insisting that I follow him through the entire structure. He still makes me do it the first couple of times but once he's familiar with the layout, he's off doing his own thing. Which leaves me free... to play with Naomi. I'm looking forward to the day I'll be sitting down having my coffee while the two of them have fun on their own!

During the March school holidays, we had the opportunity to check out Happy Willow at Fusionopolis. A new playgym in the west! And the rates -- $18 per child above 2 years, $10 per child between 9 months to 2 years, for 3 hours of play time on weekdays -- seemed rather reasonable. So when wet weather foiled our park plans, off we went.

The playing area was divided into two, with a general kids' playing area, as well as a small section for toddlers. I was a little disappointed that the toddler's section consisted essentially of a really small fenced in portion of the ball pit, a semi-cylindrical cushion, and a bunch of rather large soft stacking blocks. I tried to get Nomi to play there but she got bored quickly and wanted to follow Gor-gor around in the general playing area instead.

At least that was more interesting. It wasn't big, but that was one of the things I liked about it. It was easy enough for Naomi to potter around, and she had fun trying out the rocking bull, flying fox, the mini rock wall and of course, the bigger ball pit. Admittedly her favourite activity was to try to chase Noey everywhere and walk in and out of the play area!

Noey was generally happy to play alongside us, though he did insist that I go down the slide with him a couple of times. It was a bit of a fast one. The funniest incident of the day was when another little boy, maybe about 5 years of age, tried to persuade me to slide down with both him and Noey on my lap. And he kept insisting even though I said no. Errr, sorry kiddo, maybe you go look for your own Mummy to slide down with you? I already have my hands full with one squirmy kid! And another on the sidelines!

One interesting feature of this playgym was the book corner. There was a collection of books that had been carefully curated, judging from the popular titles which I spotted, and lovingly wrapped in plastic. The kids were free to help themselves to the books, which had to be read in the reading area and not brought outside.

There was also a storytelling and craft session when we were there. It cost an extra $6 though so we didn't join in, though they were nice enough to let Nomi to sit-in on the story-telling when she wandered over.


We called it a day when nap times approached.

It was, on the whole, a fun outing for all. I am glad that I have another reasonably priced option for a rainy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...